Unsinkable

Comments

• Morning,

Working from home yesterday and today and the kids school is closed too. Lots of snow around here.

DH has taken my car in an attempt to get to work but I think he may end up coming home again.
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You do seem to be very hard on yourself, Purps.

In your very own posts, you have nearly hit your year's target so you are almost DOUBLING it. That's seriously good work, right there.
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You've done really well in Feb, hope March is good too :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Morning,

No weekly round up this week as the last one was pretty bad.

Food shop done yesterday, the snow has virtually melted here now :j I have enough now for the rest of the month, just need top ups now :D

DD's been itching to do some baking, so we spent a few hours having a baking session and having a giggle too, we made some brownies and fairy cakes of which DD 'had' to test :rotfl:

I've got two batches of fairy cakes, made with free eggs, these are going to site on Monday and the rest will be staying at home for the kids.

We had homemade lasagne for dinner last night, so I have some left over for lunch next week.

We're having roast beef today, so that'll give me a lunch for tomorrow.

Need to sort out some bits today and make sure the kids are ready for school tomorrow.

Aiming for a low spend week and will try harder with the AFD's this week.

Have a great Sunday :)
  • boxofpaws wrote: »
    You do seem to be very hard on yourself, Purps.

In your very own posts, you have nearly hit your year's target so you are almost DOUBLING it. That's seriously good work, right there.

Thanks but it was technically cheating :)
    jwil wrote: »
    You've done really well in Feb, hope March is good too :)

Thanks, it doesn't feel like it :o March will be better, I hope.
  • Morning,

Thought I'd updated yesterday but I forgot...naughty!

Sunday had a good result managed to swap home insurers and saved £7pm and as I did it through Quidco I have £30 coming back. Adm!ral couldn't beat the quote I got, but no real loss.

Waiting on the gas/electric bill to come through then I can look at whether to change them too or not.

Issues with DS school and the math teacher may have been resolved, it does appear to mainly be DS but both him and his teacher have agreed to work on moving things on.

Last night was my first AFD of the week, so I'm off the starting blocks there :)

Brought my lunch to work yesterday and today, I'm determined to keep this going this month. I usually buy my lunch on Fridays but as I failed in February, I'm going to try and keep it going this month and only buy my lunch the odd time.

DH has used some of his bonus to pay for us to go to Centre Parks for a long weekend at the end of the Easter Hols. He's also thinking about us going abroad, first time for me and the kids, this will also come out of any commission he gets and as we've not been on holiday for the past 6 years, I think that we need this as a family.

I got some more free eggs from my colleague and the cakes I made at the weekend have gone down a treat :)

My project manager is going to countersign the kids passports, so they can be sent off and DD can go on her school trip and DS can go on his trip with Cadets (He's hoping to go to Germany in the Summer with them).
  • I'm trying to catch up on all the diaries I follow. Sorry I've been awol for a few weeks.

Sorry you've had a cold and been feeling down Purplemum but you sound like you're on the up and up now.

I have a March birthday too, so we both get two celebrations this month :).

Have a good Tuesday.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Ooh I love all holiday talk, feel free to expand :D

Well done on the AFD and insurance triumphs
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Well done on the savings.

Holiday sounds great, we love center Parcs and going abroad will be amazing.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Well done on the insurance savings
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts