Monarch Airlines stops trading - latest info and your rights

Comments

• bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It's nearly £5k so will be a total pain to just keep spending on credit card... also don't think it's fair d for them to keep my money! ��������

For the third time, you can ask any credit card company for a credit balance back.
  • Hi, can anyone help with this one. My husband is in spain due to fly home tomorrow with Monarch. Problem is he flew out with Ryanair last week after the administration. My question is " how will they know?" he flies out to Spain on a monthly basis using different airlines each time, I know I will get the Monarch flight refunded, but its the cost of the replacement flight that bothers me. Can he just bluff it and say he flew out / drove out earlier than he did?
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 October 2017 at 9:55AM
    Hi, can anyone help with this one. My husband is in spain due to fly home tomorrow with Monarch. Problem is he flew out with Ryanair last week after the administration. My question is " how will they know?" he flies out to Spain on a monthly basis using different airlines each time, I know I will get the Monarch flight refunded, but its the cost of the replacement flight that bothers me. Can he just bluff it and say he flew out / drove out earlier than he did?

At a guess, the administrators/CAA will have full details lists of everyone who booked, they will know he is on a one way trip back to the UK with Monarch and I assume they are going to ask how he got there in the first place, remember that the CAA will have close links with the UK Border Agency and if needed they could easily find out when his passport was last scanned at an airport, personally I wouldnt risk it.

Add to that he may even be asked to prove at the airport what flight he went out on. And I also assume all eligible travellers are being told via email and/or text that they are eligible to travel?

Remember they are spending millions on this, if they find out people have deceived them to travel then I have no idea what they would do to claw this back. Your husband could find himself in the local court.
  • Hi, I've booked for Tenerife for next year using Tesco club card vouchers, and idea where I stand please
    Sharon
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Shazlaw wrote: »
    Hi, I've booked for Tenerife for next year using Tesco club card vouchers, and idea where I stand please
    Sharon

You need to contact Tesco. As far as I know I heard they were recrediting points
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Shazlaw wrote: »
    Hi, I've booked for Tenerife for next year using Tesco club card vouchers, and idea where I stand please
    Sharon

https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/boost/monarch-scheduled-flights/UK-002252.prd
  • As an aside, all this happened 10 days ago. Why are people only just now asking what they need to do?

I was on it from 7am on the day the administration was confirmed!!!
  • Thanks guys, just phoned Tesco and they're refunding my points. Arrived home from Turkey at 3am this morning so have been unable to do anything until now. Happy bunny now 😄😄
  • I completed my ATOL Claim on Monday and have today received an email today as follows:

We can now agree a payment of £3,354.97 in full and final settlement of your claim. We have today arranged for a bank transfer to your nominated account specified within the claim form and this should take 7-14 working days to complete. This payment is in full and final settlement of your claim

We are unable to consider the payment of £80.00 for flights seats as this did not form part of the ATOL Protected booking.

We are unable to consider the payment of £66.00 for insurance as this did not form part of the ATOL Protected booking.

I paid for the pre-booked Seats via Paypal and have spoken to them today and they have raised a dispute, the Insurance i paid for Via my Debit Card - Can i claim this back?
  • The CAA are now saying forms should be with everyone by the 16th - 5 days later than originally specified.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure