could i describe this repair by Shorade as fraudulent?

Options

Comments

• tir21
    tir21 Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 September 2017 at 7:12PM
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    Doesn't change the fact that being 'incompetent' and being fraudulent are two very different things. One is a criminal offence the other not.

incompetence would be doing a bad job due to lack of skill. But to my mind gluing something you know should attach to a bracket - goes beyond incompetence - because it is an actual decision to do something incorrectly

I would suggest the washer cover could never be aligned correctly because the valve is supposed to attach to a bracket. Without the bracket being in situ it will always be a guestimate - ie a bodge

I knew there was something wrong with the cover alignment and thats why I took it back to shorade multiple times for them to improve it. After two attempts I knew there was still something wrong and thats why I took it to chartwells
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    Right, since you're clearly not getting the many hints:

THIS IS NOT FRAUD.

OK?
  • docmatt
    docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options
    Shorades repair all the high end cars, lambos, ferraris and do all of porsche Sutton Coldfield and Birmingham repairs.

When I saw this thread and about how you were really unimpressed with the bit of plastic glue on the headlight, I assumed you were being picky cause it's a 90k motor.

It's a Skoda.
  • tir21
    Options
    Right, since you're clearly not getting the many hints:

THIS IS NOT FRAUD.

OK?

so deception is not fraud?
  • tir21
    edited 8 September 2017 at 8:54PM
    Options
    docmatt wrote: »
    Shorades repair all the high end cars, lambos, ferraris and do all of porsche Sutton Coldfield and Birmingham repairs.

When I saw this thread and about how you were really unimpressed with the bit of plastic glue on the headlight, I assumed you were being picky cause it's a 90k motor.

It's a Skoda.

that's why I'm surprised they bumped it and then deceived me in the repair they carried out

PS on my wage it is the equivalent of a 90k motor ;)
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    tir21 wrote: »
    so deception is not fraud?

You haven't been defrauded OF anything. It's a simple enough word to understand the meaning of.
  • tir21
    edited 8 September 2017 at 8:59PM
    Options
    You haven't been defrauded OF anything. It's a simple enough word to understand the meaning of.

fraud:
    "wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain"

it would have cost more to do the job correctly so they bodged it - and attemted to hide that fact
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    fraud:
    "wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain"

And how have they gained financially or personally out of a repair you've said over and over again they were doing FOR FREE?
  • BeenThroughItAll
    BeenThroughItAll Posts: 5,018 Forumite
    edited 9 September 2017 at 8:52AM
    Options
    fraud:

it would have cost more to do the job correctly so they bodged it - and attemted to hide that fact

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

They didn't make any money from this bodge, all they did was avoid spending it. That's not the same thing. It's called minimising your losses. That is NOT FRAUD. That is called 'business'.

I'm out.
  • tir21
    Options
    And how have they gained financially or personally out of a repair you've said over and over again they were doing FOR FREE?

because the inplicit implication of offering to do a repair is that you do it correctly - or report if for some reason the repair cannot be done because a bracket is missing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure