Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    Hello :D
    His dad asked for care, asked for it to be sorted for the last7 years i have been going there and was told when something happens to you it will be sorted:o
    What im saying is yes he wants to stay in his home but they were going to send him home last week with a half baked idea of care:eek:
    He wouldnt be able to cook etc as cant carry , stand without his rollator (sp), he cant even wash his own hair, he would never manage without someone there

The threshold for people being able to live on their own is rather :eek: to the average person.

When it comes to entering residential care, this is often based on the cost effectiveness of service provision.

(I have to admit I have not worked in this sector for many years).
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    The threshold for people being able to live on their own is rather :eek: to the average person.

When it comes to entering residential care, this is often based on the cost effectiveness of service provision.

(I have to admit I have not worked in this sector for many years).

He would have to pay for it what ever as has too much money:o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • marrbett
    marrbett Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    6am :eek: that is still the middle of the night to me. :o I would never get there on time. :o:o

I know I am making excuses....:rotfl:

I know. When my alarm goes off at 5.05am I do NOT like it!!
    But, I only do 3 days a week and bring home around £300 every 4 weeks, which has proved to be a lifeline for us!!

Its amazing what you get used to.xx
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Brace yourselves, on Sky news T are apparently running low on UniL products in some stores due to a row over UniL trying to bump up prices by 10% on some key brands.

It is a good job I have a stash of various items to ride out the storm :D.

Anon
  • matty17r
    matty17r Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 October 2016 at 8:56PM
    Love all the stories about other people wasting their money! Depressing all these banks dropping their interest rates. However, I did read last week on one of the online papers that the government is going to bring back some sort of bond to help savers. This is going to be announced at the end of november - so a little hope there.
    Went to westwood cross shopping centre in thanet today so many shops there couldn't get them all done. Not many bargains. Read on another forum that arm and hammer toothepaste is great for senstive teeth so got some of that 125ml in poundworld which is much cheaper than all the other top brands. Also abact hand gel 237ml which I will decant into smaller bottles for holidays/picnic bag. SA in tesco said she could only accept 5 hipp coupons but then noticed she had scanned so let me have it this time! nice overage of £1.98 by just sticking to 100pc fruit ones. Lots of clearance bargains in this tesco on a large cage down first aisle for an other eliters reading (come back the eliter from this way) used to love your posts but cant remember your name!
    Am also have a big declutter and having a bootfair on sunday weather permitting. Cannot get the timing right for whoopsies at Asda so am very jealous of trulymadly's 10p items.
  • Sunshinemummy
    bubbs wrote: »
    He would have to pay for it what ever as has too much money:o

I am strange person, as I think that if you can afford you should pay for your care.

He will be able to pick the best care provision, which will have nothing/very little to do with adult services... provision of services was privatised years ago.
  • Sunshinemummy
    marrbett wrote: »
    I know. When my alarm goes off at 5.05am I do NOT like it!!
    But, I only do 3 days a week and bring home around £300 every 4 weeks, which has proved to be a lifeline for us!!

Its amazing what you get used to.xx

I think the routine of work can be beneficial.

I am lost when I am not at work, and start to thinking about cleaning and then realise how silly I am and go to work!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I am strange person, as I think that if you can afford you should pay for your care.

He will be able to pick the best care provision, which will have nothing/very little to do with adult services... provision of services was privatised years ago.

Yes he knows he will have to pay, this is the thing he does not have the ability to sort it out
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Anon wrote: »
    Brace yourselves, on Sky news T are apparently running low on UniL products in some stores due to a row over UniL trying to bump up prices by 10% on some key brands.

It is a good job I have a stash of various items to ride out the storm :D.

Anon

You had the same thoughts as me. I think unless unilever are free we should avoid them for a while... the cheeky sausages..10% is a flipping lot.
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    What type of work do you want to do?

Honest answer I have no idea. :o I only want a few hours a week though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure