Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• purpledonkey
    purpledonkey Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    This is terrible PD....poor soul.......are social services aware of her predicament?:o

They were at one point, but not sure about lately :(

Thanks Aau, got some cling film. None on the shelf, but stuck to the old mantra 'when in doubt, look up' :rotfl:
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    I wasn't about when you all set the October challenge but I have been following in spirit. Having been away I had bare fridge and freezer as was eating out of freezer before holiday.
    Going away again end of next week so only counting food spends on nights I am sleeping at home. If I am careful when I return ( mums freezer helps) I might manage £60 for the month for food and fuel for car. I can't count clothes as had a budget already for a couple of winter jumpers.

If you go over your budget then for some of you maybe it wasn't realistic. I don't think wine glitches can count unless you use the 'second purse' approach.

Above all I think this challenge is teaching those involved to be far more mindful of spending and consumption.

V x

I agree I wasn't realistic with my total VT :o, all those little things that I don't usually take much notice of soon add up too...

But for the first time in months there is room in both the freezers so I must be doing something right. :)
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    bubbs wrote: »
    Adult social care:eek: The mans whose funeral im going too tomorrow has a brain injured disabled son (57)
    He is in hospital as had a fall 6/7 weeks ago, is as well as he will ever be now and has been for last 3/4 weeks, his dad was ill before he passed away and told SS he couldnt have him home as he would not cope with him. He had been his carer for 30 yrs with no help or payment:eek:
    Last week when i went to visit son in hospital , the nures told me he was going home:eek:
    I said has 24 hr care in place then? no he dosent need it:eek: i said how is he supposed to, bath, do his washing, cook his tea, look after the house?
    Oh didnt realise he couldnt do that , he can make a cupa tea she goes:mad:
    Maybe he can thats not going to feed him or do his washing or cooking is it?
    So he is bed blocking till they "sort" something

Hi Bubbs, His dad 'may' have rejected care in the past thinking he could/should look after his son. The hospital should now assess and involve adult social care. He could possibly remain in his own home with care and perhaps some living skills training.
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    bubbs wrote: »
    Adult social care:eek: The mans whose funeral im going too tomorrow has a brain injured disabled son (57)
    He is in hospital as had a fall 6/7 weeks ago, is as well as he will ever be now and has been for last 3/4 weeks, his dad was ill before he passed away and told SS he couldnt have him home as he would not cope with him. He had been his carer for 30 yrs with no help or payment:eek:
    Last week when i went to visit son in hospital , the nures told me he was going home:eek:
    I said has 24 hr care in place then? no he dosent need it:eek: i said how is he supposed to, bath, do his washing, cook his tea, look after the house?
    Oh didnt realise he couldnt do that , he can make a cupa tea she goes:mad:
    Maybe he can thats not going to feed him or do his washing or
    cooking is it?
    So he is bed blocking till they "sort" something
    PS It costs social services about £160 per day if a bed is blocked because they can't put the care needed in place.
  • Tinyshoes
    I think TS needs a job.... just to restrict the amount of time she goes shopping!

I do think that alcohol and clothes should not be included. If I put diesel in the equation, I would blow the £100 in 5 day!

I didn't include petrol SSM, I knew that wouldn't be possible. Shows how naïve I was thinking £100 would last a month. :o

Trouble is this way of shopping was sort of like a job to me while I was caring, I could fit it in around everything else, but then it sort of became like an obsession getting the bargains in. :eek:

Last year or so have been weaning myself off but sometimes so hard to resist...

I have started to look for a job but I'm so scared, I really don't know what I could do anymore. It is a bit of sore point between me and Mr TS at the moment. :o
  • Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    He really wanted a fb account but apparently stuffed toys are banned:eek:

I take this as a great compliment coming from our resident photographic expert.
    Maybe I could arrange him into letters of the alphabet?

I am not the best at taking photos and this one was done on n's old Antigua phone. For me it is more about what the photo says than getting the light right but I really enjoy it.
    Didn't take many this holiday as felt a bit daft taking him out and about. He is definitely more of a resort Bear:rotfl:
    In this photo he was still sulking as I promised him a new holiday Hawaiian shirt but couldn't get any scaled down fabric. Might have to buy some of the printable fabric sheets and make my own.

He is off to Disney on 21st so needs a new Halloween outfit. Any ideas?

V x

Also dinner with Cinderella. I have an old tutu belonging to dgd so could make him a princess outfit.

Wouldn't worry about lighting, most folk don't really know/ care unless they are paying a lot of money for it. Beside it takes it away from the fun, natural side of it. Most folk on Instagram just use their camera phone. I agree it's more about the story that goes with it and you can have so much fun with it creatively. Made me smile this morning when I saw it and dare say it did for others too.

Was going to ask if you made him little outfits as your naturally creative. I'd definitely consider Instagram ;) would be great to follow the adventures of Mr Ted :D:D
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    pippo wrote: »
    Hi Bubbs, His dad 'may' have rejected care in the past thinking he could/should look after his son. The hospital should now assess and involve adult social care. He could possibly remain in his own home with care and perhaps some living skills training.

There are all sorts of different provisions. I rather like the shared house (sorry cannot remember the right term) but they have 4 or 5 flats off an office/support point.

I also like shared lives provision, but this takes a while to set up.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    I didn't include petrol SSM, I knew that wouldn't be possible. Shows how naïve I was thinking £100 would last a month. :o

Trouble is this way of shopping was sort of like a job to me while I was caring, I could fit it in around everything else, but then it sort of became like an obsession getting the bargains in. :eek:

Last year or so have been weaning myself off but sometimes so hard to resist...

I have started to look for a job but I'm so scared, I really don't know what I could do anymore. It is a bit of sore point between me and Mr TS at the moment. :o

What type of work do you want to do?
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    pippo wrote: »
    Hello :D
    His dad asked for care, asked for it to be sorted for the last7 years i have been going there and was told when something happens to you it will be sorted:o
    What im saying is yes he wants to stay in his home but they were going to send him home last week with a half baked idea of care:eek:
    He wouldnt be able to cook etc as cant carry , stand without his rollator (sp), he cant even wash his own hair, he would never manage without someone there
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Tinyshoes
    marrbett wrote: »
    Come and do .com shopping at T with me. I start at 6am and am usually home by 10am....

6am :eek: that is still the middle of the night to me. :o I would never get there on time. :o:o

I know I am making excuses....:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport