Specsavers vouchers, anyone?

Comments

• orangatang
    orangatang Posts: 24 Forumite
    Hi,

I'm going to buy my new glasses from Specsavers on Tues/Weds next week and was wondering if anyone knew of any discount vouchers?

I have a 20% off for D & A that I found in a mag but they don't have the same specs! :-(

Many thanks!

Amy
  • anybody help ?
  • LilacLillie
    LilacLillie Posts: 2,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have a couple of vouchers for D&A free eye test and 20% off glasses, expiry date 28/02/09, if that helps anyone?
    LL
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

• leo1976
    leo1976 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Hello

If you put your boots advantage card into one of the boots kiosks, they often offer free eye tests at boots????

Hope this helps.:o
  • pepsimax
    pepsimax Posts: 119 Forumite
    bump

anyone have a voucher??
  • upsadaisy
    upsadaisy Posts: 417 Forumite
    If you have a nectar card they are doing free D&A tests. I haven't checked the tandc though. Just log on to your account and print off.
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you've not had an eye test in two years you can get it free, as far as I know, I had mines done last weekend for free.
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • most specsavers vouchers are for local stores only, they never do national ones as each store is individually run so it is up to the directors of each store how much they charge for an eyetest.

In this area vouchers usually appear on the back of car-park tickets, in mail-shots, in the local papers, and in your recall letter.

if you ask in your local store they may tell you where you can get hold of a voucher :)

smitchy73, only certain groups of people get free eye tests in england, in scotland it is now free for everyone on the NHS
    Wiggly:heartpulsFB

• Hi,

If you work with computers your emplyer must provide free eye tests and money off any glasses you may need as long as the optition says they are for vdu (visual display unit - computers) use. This is generally done either through an vouhcer scheme or they refund the cost through your pay.

Most emplyers don't advertise this and in fact many will say that they don't provide this "perk" but legally they must as long as you use vdus for a certain amount of time. There is no minimum time you must work for the employer. Even if you are a temp your temping agency must provide this, although yopu'll probably have to argue with them but you'll get it. The amount of money off the glasses depends on the employer. My husband gets £70 off but I only get £40 off (I'm a temp btw).

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any help getting a reluctant employer to cough up - I've had to several times so can dig out the proof if you need it.
    Trying hard to remember... "Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery." David Coperfield
    [STRIKE]C/C £800[/STRIKE] paid off February! :T
    And onto the next...
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Can anyone tell me if this includes VDUs on cash tills? I need varifocals for this but only work 12 hours per week split into 3 x 4 hours. Any relevant links would be very useful - thank you.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport