Ex girlfriend's bank statements still coming through the letter box?

Comments

• RADDERS
    RADDERS Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I disagree with most of the above posts.
    Return the statements to the branch - just cross the address off and mark it 'no longer at this address'.

That should set a marker on her account so that cards and statements will no longer get posted out until the address has been updated.

That's what he has been doing and it hasn't worked !!!!
  • Lith
    Lith Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Jlawson118 wrote: »
    Apologises if this is the wrong section:

My ex girlfriend banks with TSB and was living with me for just over a year until we broke up very early on this year. Since then there's been numerous bank statements still coming through, and that's because she can't be bothered to change her address!

I messaged her many times telling her to change her address with her bank, but she claimed she'd do it, but also didn't want to as she was under the impression she'd be moving out and changing addresses again after a few months. Now it's six months after she's moved out and her statements are still coming through.

I've stopped giving them to her whenever I see her, instead I've been sending them back to the return address saying "Not at this address". But I've been doing this for about three months now and the statements are still coming through. Most of the reason we broke up in the first place was because she had this lazy, can't be bothered kind of attitude.

Another one just came through that I've sent back, but I just have a feeling that another one will come through the letterbox shortly.

Am I better off contacting TSB myself? What is my best course of action here? Because even if I message her to change things, she still won't

^-- no need for the song and dance/Drama

This is what you should do.

Get a red pen and write on it (perm marker maybe? make sure its red)

(RTS - RETURN TO SENDER) - DOES NOT LIVE HERE - SHE HAS MOVED

keep doing it, and in the end it will stop and she'll get a block on her account for being a lazy b!tch for simply not changing her address.

That's what i did and it was a major success.
    HSBC (Main A/C)
    Halifax Back up A/C
    Lloyds (Spending) A/C
    RBS Back up A/C
    Barclays Old A/C
    Nationwide Old A/C
  • glennevis
    glennevis Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I did this for 5 years so it's early days yet. I marked all envelopes either 'gone away' or 'not at this address'. The bank statements only stopped after I took a pile of letters into a local branch of the bank (not TSB) and complained.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Lith wrote: »
    ^-- no need for the song and dance/Drama

[...]

Get a red pen and write on it (perm marker maybe? make sure its red)

(RTS - RETURN TO SENDER) - DOES NOT LIVE HERE - SHE HAS MOVED
    Extreme-Irony.gif
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The OP leads an interesting life.
  • colsten wrote: »
    You can complain to TSB even if it is not about your account. It's what I would do. Don't explain you tried to sort it with her - just say you have returned the post umpteen times with a note to stop using your address and you'd ask them to now actually do so.

https://www.tsb.co.uk/help/complaint-form/

Complaining is a waste of time. TSB aren't doing anything wrong by sending statement to an address that their customer has told them that she lives at.
    DEBT FREE!

Debt free by Xmas 2014: £3555.67/£4805.67 (73.99%)
    Debt free by Xmas 2015: £1250/£1250 (100.00%)
  • Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    They can't change her address on your say so.

But they should make the account dormant which should force her into a branch pretty sharpish when things stop working.

I do understand that I can't change her address as I could be anyone. But somehow informing them so that they 'force' her into a branch is what I was aiming for
  • Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well if any more come through, I think it's going to be best to take them into a branch!
  • Lith
    Lith Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    eskbanker wrote: »
    Extreme-Irony.gif

You obvious don't work at Royal Mail as all RTS have to be written in red for a successful send to the return address.

Then royal mail adds the red sticker to them and sends them to the *IMP* (Machine)

so what do you know? (OHHH THE IRONY)
    HSBC (Main A/C)
    Halifax Back up A/C
    Lloyds (Spending) A/C
    RBS Back up A/C
    Barclays Old A/C
    Nationwide Old A/C
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi,

if you want to be nasty, you could wait until you get her new bank/credit card and hit it, she'll soon come running then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure