IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC/Debt Recovery plus

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    hineyb wrote: »
    No reply from either BPA of UKPC?

Any ideas on where to go or what to do next!?

These people are laughable!

It is a great shame that the BPA has lost all credibility. They are
    not worthy of their position.

However you need to write to them again, this time ask them
    why they are ignoring you ?

UKPC are just ignorant and as it is your right to appeal to POPLA,
    then a further letter to the DVLA telling Dunford that it appears
    UKPC are ignoring you and denied you the right to appeal and you insist he intervenes

The point of this is the famous "paper trail"

This is prime for a judge to see if UKPC are stupid enough to
    take you to court.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 6 July 2017 at 10:38AM
    Any ideas on where to go or what to do next!?
    Wait patiently. You only sent the letters a few days ago!

You got a quick reply from the DVLA because it was a fob-off - dead easy to turn those around by return.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • hineyb
    hineyb Posts: 87 Forumite
    Ok i will wait, i mean, if it was me, i wouldnt be bothered and would happily wait for UKPC (if they dared) to take me to court, but as its for my friend, hes not as clued up on this sort of thing. ive never had to figh one of these without a POPLA code, I normally always get the POPLA code and beat them there with ease, This time my friend got a ticket, called me and i said do not pay it, he kept saying its only £30 i might aswell, i said no dont let them win.

Now its at £160 and i know hes losing faith in me!! i just want a POPLA code so i can be done with them, i guess i will just keep telling him to chill, but the more letters he gets the more scared he will get!! hmmm
  • Umkomaas
    On what date did you email the initial appeal to UKPC?

Did you provide them with the name and postal address of the keeper?

Did you cross reference the vehicle registration number and PCN reference number in the email?

Was it done in the keeper's name?

Sorry these are all basic questions (not covered in any previous post from a quick back-review), but a PPC doesn't need any excuse to not send a POPLA code.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 July 2017 at 11:00AM
    hineyb wrote: »
    Ok i will wait, i mean, if it was me, i wouldnt be bothered and would happily wait for UKPC (if they dared) to take me to court, but as its for my friend, hes not as clued up on this sort of thing. ive never had to figh one of these without a POPLA code, I normally always get the POPLA code and beat them there with ease, This time my friend got a ticket, called me and i said do not pay it, he kept saying its only £30 i might aswell, i said no dont let them win.

Now its at £160 and i know hes losing faith in me!! i just want a POPLA code so i can be done with them, i guess i will just keep telling him to chill, but the more letters he gets the more scared he will get!! hmmm

It's only £160 BECAUSE DRP got involved, £60 to them if you pay which of course you will not
    The £60 scam charge from DRP will not be passed back to UKPC
    when DRP tell UKPC that they failed.

DRP operate a "no win no fee" system so no costs will be passed
    back to UKPC as they (DRP) did not win

Put the DRP muppets out of your mind. All DRP letters please keep to show
    to a judge if it goes that far
  • hineyb
    On what date did you email the initial appeal to UKPC? - 13/03/2017 of which they emailed saying they had received it.

Did you provide them with the name and postal address of the keeper? Yes, although they already had it as thats where the NTK was sent.

Did you cross reference the vehicle registration number and PCN reference number in the email? I did that on the UKPC website?

Was it done in the keeper's name? Yes
  • Umkomaas
    Thx for clarification. So it's await the BPA response. I doubt you'll get anything from UKPC.

• hineyb
    Hi Guys,

Still no response from any of them?

Shall i send a chaser email? :S
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Follow up the BPA and DVLA and tell them you have emailed UKPC who are ignoring you and this is not good enough.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hineyb
    Have sent that message to DVLA now, cc'd in BPA and UKPC,

Hopefully this will give them both a kick up the !!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure