Iresa Limited - New Energy Company?

Comments

• ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Today I've received what I can only assume to be their normal monthly meter reading email reminder "It's time to send us your meter readings".

With other suppliers I've always submitted readings on the last day of the month and never had a problem.

Why would Iresa send this out today on the 22nd of the month when surely they want the meter reading/s on the last day of the month to tie in with their monthly billing dates?

There's still no sign of my first bill on my account covering 10th February (switch date) to 28th February which I expected.

When do customers who have been with them a while recommend submitting meter readings?

It is a standard email they send out, usually just after the normal date for the DD, to give you plenty of time to provide a reading before the end of the month. You can provide readings at any time, but the latest one provided before the end of the month will be used for billing.

However, be aware that sometimes the readings don't appear in the account for upto 14 days, but most usually within a week. For some reason they appear to validate every reading provided.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    It is a standard email they send out, usually just after the normal date for the DD, to give you plenty of time to provide a reading before the end of the month. You can provide readings at any time, but the latest one provided before the end of the month will be used for billing.

However, be aware that sometimes the readings don't appear in the account for upto 14 days, but most usually within a week. For some reason they appear to validate every reading provided.

My experience so far is that electricity readings appear fairly quickly, but gas doesn't. My guess is they are stalling for time on that fuel while they figure out how to bill different customers in different regions on different calorific values and do it in a non-labour-intensive way because their cheapest-on-the market tariff wasn't budgeted with that extra step in mind.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • Having just made the mistake of switching to this shower of clowns, I can only advise that you give them as wide a berth as possible. They truly are, by far, the worst energy company I've ever come across (and there's some stiff competition out there!) . non-existant customer service, phones calls never answered, emails ignored, mistake after mistake in everything they try to do
  • It is a standard email they send out, usually just after the normal date for the DD, to give you plenty of time to provide a reading before the end of the month. You can provide readings at any time, but the latest one provided before the end of the month will be used for billing.

Up to 14 days? Closer to 14 weeks for me... So far, I have been billed up to the end of December and this was only done last month. They have completely ignored my readings supplied at the end of Jan and end of Feb (I have an email confirmation that they were received) so no doubt they will probably ignore them this month too!

The laugh of it is, as I haven't been billed for it, they are paying interest on the outstanding balance (which is now 4 months worth) each month. Yes, it is only pennies as I'm a low user, but for a high user it could be a few quid a month. If it's a similar situation for a lot of their customers that will soon add up. No wonder they can't afford more staff to pick up the phone!
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

By co-incidence; submitted a reading for electric yesterday and it has already appeared in the on-line account today!
  • nick_pike
    nick_pike Posts: 51 Forumite
    I read the 'problems' you are having. Turns out that it all works out fine in time. There is some delay in gas metering but that isn't their fault according to the guy at E-ON. Meter readings have to go through a third party. I was on the phone originally and left messages that took an age to answer, but it all fell into place after a few weeks. I send my meter readings and I get prompt emails and it's logged on their site. Go with others if you must , but it all works for me now, and they're cheap. If I had stayed with those robbers E-On, having been one of the cheapest around with a collective tariff, they increased by a staggering 42% and 48%. My Iresa bill is estimated to be £9 more per year than v19 (cheapest around at the time) with E-ON. I'm getting the same gas and electricity as millions of others, and they'll be paying considerable more than me.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Up to 14 days? Closer to 14 weeks for me... So far, I have been billed up to the end of December and this was only done last month. They have completely ignored my readings supplied at the end of Jan and end of Feb (I have an email confirmation that they were received) so no doubt they will probably ignore them this month too!

The laugh of it is, as I haven't been billed for it, they are paying interest on the outstanding balance (which is now 4 months worth) each month. Yes, it is only pennies as I'm a low user, but for a high user it could be a few quid a month. If it's a similar situation for a lot of their customers that will soon add up. No wonder they can't afford more staff to pick up the phone!

Iresa appears to have stopped updating transactions for gas, and issuing bills, until it can resolve the problem that it has converting the volume of gas used to kWhs. Under Ofgem regulations, suppliers are required to use an average daily calorific value for your region truncated to one decimal point rather that the fixed calorific value that Iresa has been using. Had Iresa's error continued then I estimate that I would have been over-charged by about £7 for the year. The issue was passed to Ofgem's Compliance Team in January.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 2 April 2017 at 11:48AM
    My saga with Iresa continues, with more problems appearing each week.

Despite having concrete proof (email confirmations) of the meter readings I entered into Iresa's online system, they have provided my old provider with complete wrong opening readings. My old provider, OVO, have raised a dispute on my behalf and apparently this can take some 12 weeks to resolve.

Iresa have also failed to take their first direct debit from me - which is fine by me, it'll just sit waiting to be collected. If these failed payments accumulate in my bank account, then that's fine in my books.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    My saga with Iresa continues, with more problems appearing each week.

Despite having concrete proof (email confirmations) of the meter readings I entered into Iresa's online system, they have provided my old provider with complete wrong opening readings. My old provider, OVO, have raised a dispute on my behalf and apparently this can take some 12 weeks to resolve.

Iresa have also failed to take their first direct debit from me - which is fine by me, it'll just sit waiting to be collected. If these failed payments accumulate in my bank account, then that's fine in my books.

How different are the meter readings that Iresa are using to the readings that you provided? FWiW, having been an Ovo customer twice in the past 3 years, they always quote worst case time for any issues. Matters are usually resolved with nothing more than a phone call between the two suppliers.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hengus wrote: »
    How different are the meter readings that Iresa are using to the readings that you provided? FWiW, having been an Ovo customer twice in the past 3 years, they always quote worst case time for any issues. Matters are usually resolved with nothing more than a phone call between the two suppliers.
    The difference isn't a mere couple of units, it is way out - in excess of 15,000 units. :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure