Financial Fasting and other goings on

Comments

• Hope you Enjoy the film muffin. Haven’t been to the cinema for absolutely ages . Yes, I am back to being calm and mellow now that I have a break . Still lots to sort out whenever that will be . Being tension and stress free for the first time in many years is something I never thought would happen . Hope it carries on :)

Did you get a mattress topper when you got your mattress?
    I got one of those and a protector . Made a difference for me .
    Got them in homesense in a sale .
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Thanks AC. I may try a mattress topper and protector to help the investment. I've seen there's a Homesense near me, so I'll keep an eye on their sale dates. With the long Easter weekend coming up I expect they'll have one then.

I'm hoping your return to work won't create tension and stress again for you, but at least you should be better able to see the signs now.
  • Thanks muffin :)
    I find homesense a place where there always seems to be a reduction in something whenever I go there . I go there a lot for scented candles .
  • Hello Gorgeous!

I need a mattress topper as well, EH gave some good advice about meals you love and working them in to budget such a good idea that I might try this.

How is work now? all Ok I hope. I am now PT (which is pretty much FT lol) so getting "skinter" by the day.

Love as always,

Sam x
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • MuffinTops
    Ooh, I'm a huge fan of scented candles AC. Which smells are your favourites? I'm a bit of a "homely" smell person, like apple pie or cinnamon, but I'm really into the Honey and Chocolate ones that Glade have. Near Christmas they sell them cheap so I always stock up then.
  • MuffinTops
    Definitely take that idea. EH often has some great advice.

Work is very Meh at the moment still. I'm so pleased to hear you're part time now. I wish I hadn't gone back to full time now too!
  • MuffinTops wrote: »
    Ooh, I'm a huge fan of scented candles AC. Which smells are your favourites? I'm a bit of a "homely" smell person, like apple pie or cinnamon, but I'm really into the Honey and Chocolate ones that Glade have. Near Christmas they sell them cheap so I always stock up then.

I used to get chocolate ones in a tin , when Waitrose had a sale on.Als fresh linen. Jasmine as well. Since I found homesense, I am totally addicted to wild honey nectar and ..pipe smoke :rotfl:
    The latter is not because I smoke . I do not , but I have also loved the smell of pipe smoke .

How is it in the city these days ? Can anyone walk in a straight line anymore ? Do you still go to cafe Nero occasionally ? Do people still walk into you while looking at their phone ?:rotfl:
  • MuffinTops
    So far my good plans are still in place. It was my birthday yesterday and I did celebrate over the weekend, but I only bought one frivolous item, but I'm still glad I got it. Normally I'd treat myself to a lot, so this is still a great improvement.

My car has gone wrong, and was in the garage all of last week but they can't give me a specific and direct diagnosis of the issue. So I'm trying to get it booked into a dealer as they'll hopefully have more experience and knowledge. It's still costing £60 for the non diagnosis, but I know they've spent a lot of time and resources trying to get to the issue for me.

Other than that, I'm just counting down until pay day tomorrow. I have to remember to whizz some money around all of my accounts to make sure I still get the rewards for this month. I also need to set YNAB up for March incoming and outgoings.

I hope you're all enjoying the Beast from the East, although I think we're in for worse weather the end of this week? I hope not as I'm already bundled up so much that by the time I have my coat on I'm walking around like C3PO!!!

Warm thoughts to you all.

MTxx
  • MuffinTops
    I used to get chocolate ones in a tin , when Waitrose had a sale on.Als fresh linen. Jasmine as well. Since I found homesense, I am totally addicted to wild honey nectar and ..pipe smoke :rotfl:
    The latter is not because I smoke . I do not , but I have also loved the smell of pipe smoke .

How is it in the city these days ? Can anyone walk in a straight line anymore ? Do you still go to cafe Nero occasionally ? Do people still walk into you while looking at their phone ?:rotfl:

Does the pipe smoke candle actually smell like pipe smoke? I do love honey scents in candles.

The City is ok. Not much has changed really, although I've not been to Cafe Nero since they got rid of the lemon poppy seed muffins (thankfully! ;)). Everyone walks around oblivious to each other still though while tapping away at their phones. :)
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 February 2018 at 11:18AM
    Yes, the pipe smoke really does what it says on the tin :)
    What about road diversions , in the city? That was like , the final straw for me living in London .

Hope the car is sorted out soon . I suppose it is like having a second house , always having to maintain it etc.
    Lovely and sunny here. No sign of snow just yet . :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure