Section 75 for business purchase

2»

Comments

• chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    edited 21 February 2018 at 10:37AM
    patw66 wrote: »
    As the thread contained such inaccurate advice from the 'arm chair experts'

I hope you weren't referring to me as what I said was consistent with your post!
    The amount of credit provided to the consumer towards the purchase must not exceed £25,000, and must have been provided to an 'individual' (which includes sole traders, small partnerships and unincorporated businesses, as well as ordinary consumers).

Yes. So the OP is sunk if using the card to buy something for a Ltd company - but then the chain would be broken anyway. But, as per my example, if the cardholder was buying a flight ticket and travelling for the Ltd company, that would be fine: the contract is between the carrier and the cardholder. It doesn't matter that the company might reimburse later.
    The credit must have been provided to the consumer under pre-existing arrangements between the provider of credit and the supplier of the goods and services.

Yes, it's the type of agreement that's important. So once you have a CC governed by the CCA1974, all transactions are potentially covered, subject to the chain not being broken.

It's a pity the OP didn't come back. We never knew what "for my business" meant (sole trader. Ltd, LLP etc). But I fear Tesco may have successfully fobbed him off when they might have been on the hook. True S75 style!
  • derps
    derps Posts: 137 Forumite
    I joined the forum after a google search relating to section 75 issues. This thread came toward the top of the search result, potentially giving bad advice to anyone searching for s.75 issues.
    As the thread contained such inaccurate advice from the 'arm chair experts' I felt compelled to join the forum just to put the correct interpretation on the use of the word 'individual' as used by the CCA.

Appreciate that it is a late reply, but in the circumstances I am unapologetic. If that worries you - get over it.

Your post didn't add anything that hadn't already been mentioned but thanks for being weird and rude about it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure