Sainsburys Card and Nectar points

Hi, I've recently got a Sainsburys Credit Card and linked it to my Nectar.
When I receive the credit card monthly statement I can see some Nectar points have been accrued.
However when I shop at Sainsburys and pay with the credit card the receipt says that I haven't earn any Nectar points UNLESS I explicitly swipe my Nectar card as well.

The whole system doesn't seem to be integrated as well as the Tesco/Clubcard one.

Having to carry two cards in the wallet and having to remember to swipe the Nectar card is a pain.
Has everyone else had the same experience or is it me that I'm missing something?

Comments

• WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,256
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Like Tesco Bank, Sainsburys Bank awards the additional points a day or two after the transaction posts (as it is the Bank you are buying these points for you, not the supermarket).

Unlike Tesco Bank, the Nectar card itself is not integrated in to the Credit Card - which is probably in no small part because Nectar was until very very recently an entirely separate company; unlike Clubcard which is owned by Tesco.

The situation is the same with Nectar Amex cards; none of the Nectar retailers recognise these as a Nectar card, just a payment card.

Incidentally, if you go to an Esso filling station (other than a Tesco/Esso joint-venture one), your Tesco Bank card wont work as a Clubcard in there either.
  • Gep
    Gep Posts: 48
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 20 February 2018 at 4:09PM
    Thank you.
    So just to be clear, if I pay with a Sainsburys Credit Card in a Sainsburys store, do I get the same number of points (at the end of the month) whether I swipe the Nectar card or not?
  • hd216
    hd216 Posts: 37
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Gep wrote: »
    Thank you.
    So just to be clear, if I pay with a Sainsburys Credit Card in a Sainsburys store, do I get the same number of points (at the end of the month) whether I swipe the Nectar card or not?

If you just swipe your Sainsburys Bank credit card then you'll only get the points every month when you get your statement - this is totally separate to the nectar points you earn by swiping a nectar card in store.

You need to swipe both cards in Sainsburys to get both sets of points.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    I'd imagine now that Sainsbury's have purchased Nectar from Aimia Coalition Loyalty UK I'd imagine, at some point, they might look into streamlining both operations so it'd be similar to Tesco Bank's integration with Clubcard.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure