PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Reforward (remail) envelope FROM UK - Where?

Options
Guys,

A question.

I asked UK Royal Mail about international forwarding service outside of UK but still inside EU (destination) and their service for this is so expensive that I cannot afford it.

Found few remail websites such as forward2me dot com but those websites won't work either. Their drop address is too well known, used by too many people. I am looking for more unique address to where could I get envelope delivered and get it internationally reforwarded to foreign country.

Didn't find anything on CraigList but found very few (e.g. 1 or max 2) such providers on Fiverr, however they charge too much also.

If I ask directly ups/gls/dpd/fedex/dhl they all tell me that someone must get the envelope delivered first before he/she reforward it. However I have major trouble finding this ''someone''.

Is there any alternative to this? :(

Comments

• chappers
    chappers Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Options
    Get it sent to a friend and then sent on.
    Why don't you want the originator to know that it is going to a forwarding company
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    Leave a pre-pad envelope in the house and ask the new occupiers to put your post in it and put it in the postbox?
    Make sure you change your address with everyone who has it on file before you move?
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Eugene0 wrote: »
    I asked UK Royal Mail about international forwarding service outside of UK but still inside EU (destination) and their service for this is so expensive that I cannot afford it.

https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/redirection
    3mo - £32 UK/£110 EU - £78 difference, £26/mo
    6mo - £44 UK/£154 EU - £110 difference, £18/mo
    12mo - £63 UK/£221 EU - £158 difference, £13/mo
    (I'm assuming they've mixed EU and non-EU up)

If you think you're going to find a service that'll forward your post for less than £26/mo for 3mo, £18/mo for 6mo, £13/mo for 12mo single, instantly, and for any volume, good luck.

You might be able to find somebody who will forward the odd item, priced individually, perhaps giving you the choice of what to forward - does your time have no value to you?
    Found few remail websites such as forward2me dot com but those websites won't work either. Their drop address is too well known, used by too many people. I am looking for more unique address to where could I get envelope delivered and get it internationally reforwarded to foreign country.

I think you're forgetting that you still need to get your old address forwarded by RM to that international remailer...
    If I ask directly ups/gls/dpd/fedex/dhl they all tell me that someone must get the envelope delivered first before he/she reforward it.

Of course. Otherwise it'll simply go to your old address, for whoever lives there now to bin at their leisure. The only people who can intercept it before delivery are RM. So either they forward it internationally, or they forward it within the UK to another service provider to do the international leg.
  • Eugene0
    Options
    chappers: There is no ''friend'' in entire UK who would be able to do this otherwise I wouldn't be posting on this forum my question. I don't have anyone in UK to do that. Shipper doesn't ship outside of UK.

fairy lights: Which house? Whos house? Who do you consider as ''new occupiers''? I am Not from UK. Never had address there.

AdrianC: its not for multiple months. Just once for like one, max two envelopes.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am Not from UK. Never had address there.
    You're posting on a forum about buying/selling/renting property in the UK, so naturally people are going to assume your question is about mail addressed to somewhere you have occupied.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    edited 4 October 2017 at 12:10PM
    Options
    fairy lights: Which house? Whos house? Who do you consider as ''new occupiers''? I am Not from UK. Never had address there.
    Wait, what? If you don't currently or previously have a UK address then where do you want your post to be forwarded from?
  • Cheeky_Monkey
    Options
    Guys,

A question.

Didn't find anything on CraigList but found very few (e.g. 1 or max 2) such providers on Fiverr, however they charge too much also.

If I ask directly ups/gls/dpd/fedex/dhl they all tell me that someone must get the envelope delivered first before he/she reforward it. However I have major trouble finding this ''someone''.

Is there any alternative to this? :(

It all sounds a bit 'dodgy' to me
  • Eugene0
    Options
    Wait, what? If you don't currently or previously have a UK address then where do you want your post to be forwarded from?

Thats the point of the question. I am looking for someone, preferable individual person, to who I could pay a small fee so he/she could get an envelope delivered on any address he/she can and forward it to international address. So this person that I am looking for would give me the address where he/she walks by every day and can pick the envelope there.

The problem is that the shipper doesn't ship outside of entire UK.

I came here to ask if anyone knows British individual person who is providing or could provide, for a small ( ! ) fee, such service.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It all sounds a bit 'dodgy' to me

Yup, I think the OP needs to explain exactly what they want to do, and why what they are doing isn't fraudulent, before expecting anyone else to offer suggestions.

Especially when the OP says "Their drop address is too well known, used by too many people.":eek:
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thats the point of the question. I am looking for someone, preferable individual person, to who I could pay a small fee so he/she could get an envelope delivered on any address he/she can and forward it to international address. So this person that I am looking for would give me the address where he/she walks by every day and can pick the envelope there.

The problem is that the shipper doesn't ship outside of entire UK.

I came here to ask if anyone knows British individual person who is providing or could provide, for a small ( ! ) fee, such service.

Well if it didn't sound dodgy before....
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport