No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries November 2017

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I think MRM may have bought the Too Faced Gold Chocolate Bat Palette online yesterday. Can't wait for Christmas.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    One UU today:

La Roche Posay Lipikar Syndet AP+ Cream Wash 200ml WMBA. This was nice and nourishing. A good body wash for the colder months
  • 1 UU:

• Sanex Hand Cream – WNBA, very thin, didn't seem to do much.

3 INs:

• O'Keefe's Hard Working Hands – already much happier with this.
    • Lush Superbalm
    • John Masters Scalp Purifying Serum

I've had some scalp issues recently, so bought the Superbalm as a treatment and the scalp serum to keep everything healthy. Loving both so far!
    No more goo hoarding!

2018 UU: 9 IN: 1 TA: 0 Total: 58/67
    2017 UU: 50 IN: 16 TA: 2 Total: 42/78 2016 UU: 53 IN: 17 TA: 0 Total: 36/72
    2015 UU: 74 IN: 43 TA: 3 Total: 32/64
    2014 UU: 114 IN: 67 TA: 7 Total: 38/92
  • VALM
    2 more UUs:-

Aussie conditioner. I buy this for Emma. Now have no conditioner left at all.

Soap and Glory Sugar Crush scrub. Gonna stick with Cup o Coffee from now on.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Hello! First post since the start of the month but my UU rate is so slow it hardly seems worth posting more often! :rotfl:

UU for the whole of November :(

Liz Earle C&P 30ml - WPBA but I have just started a full size and want to try the SD own brand as well so won't be for a while!
    Max Factor Facefinity foundation - WBA but want to finish a few liquid foundations first, really like this for travelling and keeping the shine away in the summer
    Crabtree and Evelyn Citron & Coriander shower gel - WNBA, this was a gift but I wouldn't pay C&E prices for shower gel (especially when I have 20 odd in the stash to go!)
    Palmers cocoa butter lotion - WBA, I love smelling like chocolate :rotfl: I finished this off as a hand cream so I'll have to dig something else out of the cupboard now

And I have managed the whole of November with no Ins :j which was my personal challenge for the month. I am sure this won't last until the end of December though with all those xmas goodies out in the shop.

Keep warm everyone! Just going to turn the heating on now I think!
    No more buying unnecessary toiletries 2018
    35 UU / 13 unnecessary ins
  • sstevo19
    One IN today:

The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter 90ml

I love this stuff. My HG cleanser. I went shopping today and I managed to avoid buying any other toiletries, I only bought this as I was nearing the end of my current one and it's easier to buy it from a store than order it online.

My electric toothbrush arrived the other day and it's amazing, one of the best things I've ever bought :)
  • I hit pan! on an eyeshadow!

only took five years.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have some uu

Liz Earle Superskin Facial Oil Rollerball 15ml - I like this but don't find it quite moisturising enough, WMBA but for summer.

Clinique Superdefense Moisturiser 15ml - I like this and may consider buying but I do plan to go cruelty free when I've use everything I already have and I doubt Clinique are.

That will be it for November, I have had 5 ins with a total spend of £4.99, I have used/sold 67 items this month, I did sell a job lot of brand new makeup which was 17 items plus lots of other bits too.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALM
    I hit pan! on an eyeshadow!

only took five years.

Congratulations you. That one of mine is still lingering. I'm away at the weekend and don't really want to take that palette with me but feel I'll have to.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19
    The thread for December is now up :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport