NST - Stupendous Sextilis

Comments

• misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    NSD 1 yesterday :D. Almost at work so will be back later with my targets for August.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all :coffee:
    I didn't bag a nsd in the end yesterday as I ended up treating myself to a drink at the theatre. I had the most amazing time! And it's really worth the fact that I've only had a few hours sleep and feel a bit tired this morning.
    I have a very full day of work followed by travelling home this evening. So I'll be on the go until at least half past nine tonight. No colouring for me but I will make the time to do some of my crochet on the train.
    So today I am grateful for:
    A fantastic night out at Wicked last night
    Having enough money to be able to treat myself
    A few days all to myself (even if it is work)
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 August 2017 at 11:21AM
    Good morning,

lost my SFD yesterday as when I picked up DS ordered school uniform form from tesco I also picked up some butter and other things we had run out and I hadn't noticed when I did the shop on Sun. Need to be more vigilant.

Didn't make the gym yesterday either but will definitely go today.

Todays FW email got me having a look on her site. I think I'll do a wee no buying clothes challenge. Not that I buy loads as it is, but I tend to wear the same over and over till it breaks and then replace it while still not wearing the other stuff that I have. I probably spend under £100 a year and most of that with vouchers but I want to get into the habit of rotating my clothes more and wearing them all. SO...after I bid on some decent jeans on eBay (under a tenner hopefully) as my two regular pairs are nearly done and the skinnies only come out in winter with the boots I won't buy clothes till January 2019. I usually get next vouchers from FIL at Christmas, so I'll save them over the next two Christmases and use them IF needed. I'll have a rake through my wardrobe soon and see what I have, what needs chucked, mended, altered etc.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    As I had to pay the deposit for the g-pigs boarding at half term today I also did some other spending. Result=
    * Cleaning £9.95 (inc large pack of loo rolls)
    * Gifts £4.70
    * Clothes £26 (inc jeans for me)
    * Food £42.69
    (plus £50 on g-pigs boarding)

Ah, well - clothes (my jeans and socks for me) were definitely needed (and socks in sale), gifts were in sale, cleaning items needed and food spends weren't excessive.

Today I am thankful for:
    * cute and funky socks in the sale for DD - meaning 11 pairs for £6 :D
    * finding a pair of jeans in my size (I'm short :D)
    * fruitcake!
    * the smalls amusing themselves in a nice way (no squabbling so far....)
    * my Tesc0 vouchers arriving - including some extra points vouchers which I'll actually use! :D

No colouring planned - but will have some therapeutic me time with my latest book (from the unread pile, passed on to me by someone) this evening
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    lcc sorry to hear your guinea pig is no better. Vets are so expensive love to know how they justify their costs.
    greent how many g pigs have you got? You have to pay in advance for their boarding? Never had to do that with my dog even.

I am being hounded by my grown up kids to get a dog, I just worry too much about cost of one, vets fees, kennel costs. Managed now 2 years without one, still do hug border collies bit too much when they pass. We shall see. Would keep cats off my garden and they are good company. Better than men I have met.

Apple - the Baywatch swimsuit had to be returned. Stomach control was great however boob part wasn't. Couldn't do much rescues bouncing about everywhere. So stay safe in the water folks, if you fall in cold water stay calm and float first. Swim after got your breathing steady - yes I watched RNLI ad.

Nothing to report, will use my highlighters to color some work that's my colouring day.

SFD 2/15 in the bag

Forgot to defrost anything for tea. However could eat veggie lasagne from frozen as didn't have it last night. Made a tasty ploughman's instead.

Grateful for
    Sun coming out and getting really warm.
    Head cold feeling better slightly.
    Finding I had a yogurt left when I had ate all my lunch in work fridge- so happy.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Allocate – Budget set which includes school uniform and holiday spends, £600 paid off loan

Use (Up)
    – Used green thai curry powder, coconut milk and noodles from the cupboard, prawns from the freezer and onions, peppers, and garlic from the fridge.

Gratitudes
    I didn't have to pay the DVLA fine as I forgot to SORN my car off the road after I started using my mum's after she passed away so just under £70 saved they wrote it off when I rang to pay it
    I had a good appraisal at work
    I don't have to stress over buying school uniform as I have budgeted for it

Upcoming (holidays) – We are off to a caravan for a week me DD and bear (the dog) I will pack lunches and cook at night to keep the costs down

Spends – I will have 2/15 NSD’s

Time (for yourself) – Last night I watched Now you see me and knitted a square for my blanket
    Tesco £126/£0.00 - gone, 
    Cabot £150/£0.00 - gone
    Lowell £967.98/£248.50  left
    Lending Stream £1,137.00/£1,035.44 left
    Lowell £1,226.11/£1,116.61 left
    Old rent £2,211.00/£2,013.66 left
    Robway £2,298.43/£2,161.59 left
    Cabot £2,505.93/£2,282.08 left
    Robway £7,045.61/£6,616.09 left

Total £17,668.06/£15,473.97 Left 12.42% paid
  • greent
    Calling14 wrote: »
    greent how many g pigs have you got? You have to pay in advance for their boarding? Never had to do that with my dog even.

We've got 3 g-pigs. We have to pay 25% of the fee when confirming the booking (I paid more - I rounded it up - easier maths that way! :D) It is a great boarding place, though - and very close to where we live
    x
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    NSD No 2

Cleared another kitchen cupboard and found even more chutney. :eek: I think he must have some unknown medial condition that manifests itself in collecting jars of chutney. Anyway, a productive day with housework and have washed the throws and cushion covers and a large number of scarves which were lurking in the bottom of the washing basket, All mine, I’m afraid:o.

Diet is so so but I’m trying. I don’t have a colouring book and the children have all disappeared (think they’re all off swimming) so I can’t even talk them into it. Sorry! Have tried to contact the cousin but I suspect she’s too tied up with the new wee one. If we do have afternoon tea might have to take Mum and baby as well. Actually, that’s a really good idea. When I was a new mum I would have loved someone to take me for tea.

Today’s treat - C is out with his friend but I’m more confident this week that it’s not going to cause a set back. I am sitting here with my feet up watching things that I like on catch up and Now TV. Have to confess having a guilty G & T::o as I will not drink at home whilst he’s here and I am refusing to go to the pub at least until we go on holiday in six weeks time.

Today I’m grateful for:
    A bit of peace and quiet to myself.
    Feeling a lot less stressed
    Free kindle books (I am downloading them fro Amazon and powering through them each night).
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • greent
    Have just found colouring apps on my phone! :)
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Managed a NSD today so 1/15.

Today's dinner is straight from the cupboards! Tuna pasta bake with lots of veg (using up about half of what we have in the fridge) with mozzarella. It's in the oven as we speak. That clears 1 jar of passata, tin of chopped tomatoes and a tin of sweet corn, two tins of tuna plus the rest of the opened pasta shapes from the cupboard. Calling that a win!

Gratitudes
    1) I'm grateful for a peaceful day at work
    2) I'm grateful for well stocked cupboards
    3) I'm grateful for my mortgage balance getting below £112,000. Hello £111,999 lol
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family