HC1 applications, HC3 certificates, travel costs

Options
Hi folks,

My Dad (recently retired pensioner) has sent away an HC1 application for health costs. He's really hoping for the help with travel costs, as he's being referred to London (from Glasgow) for a course of treatment on the NHS that isn't available anywhere closer, and will have to make several journeys.

1. Are HC1 applications ever rejected out of hand? I can't find any examples on here of people who have been turned down completely, so I was wondering if the "worst" result possible was just an HC3 certificate with rather high limits on what people have to contribute themselves towards health costs.

2. Of the people who receive an HC3 certificate, what amount did they say you had to contribute towards travel costs per week (if you don't mind sharing)? I'm trying to work out if there's a "standard" upper limit.

Many thanks!

John

Comments

• Golden_Anemone
    Options
    There was no standard upper limit when I processed them though that was about 10 years ago now.
  • jcpren
    jcpren Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that. :)

Can anyone answer the first question, i.e. are (correctly completed) HC1 applications ever refused completely, without even an HC3 certificate being granted?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure