What small DFW things will you do w/c19th March?

Comments

• carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 21 March 2018 at 7:00PM
    Morning all

Very bright and frosty here in the NW.

Dawn - I hope you get some answers about your hip :)

Holiday spends not as bad as feared. We had some money in the holiday pot, plus budgeted "fun fund" and only had to add £65 to the unplanned spends, which was covered by OH's wages. This also left enough to pay an extra £100 off OH's credit card, and buy me a return ticket to Leeds to see my honorary nephew on his birthday :)

Small things today:
    • B/L/D from stores. Found some soup in the freezer, and brought some cheese and crackers in as opposed to buying lunch (very low on stocks currently)
    • Charge phone in work - done!
    • Heating off
    • Bath mats out on the line to dry - done!
    • Put that blimmin washing away
    • Adopt a rictus grin policy in work, as apparently I'm not allowed negative emotions any more (was made to text someone and apologise for getting (quite legitimately!) frustrated yesterday :cool:) - done!
    • Gym at lunchtime. Going to retest my deadlift. Trying to get myself psyched up. I feel very flat recently. - done!
    • Write out meal plan and work out what to cook tomorrow (moved my cooking day as I'll be in Leeds on Sat)
    • Wrap the baby's present - I think I have some toy story paper knocking about. If not, brown parcel paper with stamped patterns!
    • No alcohol
    • Put washed blankets back on chairs
    • Do not attempt murder of managers, freelancers etc - done! It was close though.
    Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • LiveLifeFull
    LiveLifeFull Posts: 108 Forumite
    edited 22 March 2018 at 2:24PM
    Morning everyone,

First day back in the gym for me yesterday (after about a year and half) so I. AM. ACHING. :(
    The gym is free for me though as my OH's Uncle owns it, very MSE :D

TO DO LIST:
    - Free Gym: arms today as my legs are gone for about a week now after last night DONE
    - Make healthy dinner from stores DONE
    - Make mine and OH lunches for tomorrow from stores not done
    - Tidy living room/bathroom/kitchen and give them all a quick wipe down DONE
    - Take washing to my parents house (washing machine is getting fixed on Saturday) not done
    - Hang up wet washing not done
    - Put away clean, dry washing not done
    - Share bath with OH DONE
    - Pamper myself from my own stash: paint nails, pluck eyebrows, facemask, cleanse, tone, moisturise. not done - really need to take the time for some self love :(
    - Read some of my book (Not buying anymore until I've read most of the ones I own. not done
    - Get on top of my workload at my job as I want a promotion. If I'm on top of my own work, I will be available to help others/learn new skills etc. DONE - got so much work stuff out the way!!

Happy Wednesday - hope you all have a lovely day! Its a little bit sunnier in the Midlands :D
    My CC - Feb 18 £849.69 July 18 £0.00
    My OD - Feb 18 £1250.00 July 18 £1250.00
    OH CC - Feb 18 £976.00 July 18 £1852.00
    OH OD - Feb 18 £500.00 July 18 £0.00
    TOTAL OD/CC DEBT: Feb 18 £3575.69 Mar 18 £3490.95Apr 18 £3257.78 July 18: £3102.00
    OD/CC DEBT FREE DATE: DECEMBER 2018 :)
  • 1LuckyLady wrote: »

DS2 has left for his trip - fingers now firmly crossed that all goes to plan and they have a fantastic time. I got to speak to the head & his teacher and went through all the meds with them, ds is so very excited he couldn't get words out in whole sentences this morning. Also we were told to pack some treats for them to be having midnight feasts which I packed in his suitcase - in his rucksack he had his lunch+ a treat and some sweets for the coach trip and in his suitcase was a little bag for the midnight feast, as the bus pulled away he waved with this bag of treats in his hand and a kitkat in his mouth already!

This is so cute :)

CLF - :D:D:D:D when I read your last point I missed out the word NOT!!!

Dammit - I put NOT in there???
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 21 March 2018 at 2:36PM
    Yeeeeeesssssss

New deadlift pb - 90kg (198lb) - 1.5x my bodyweight :D
  • Yeeeeeesssssss

New deadlift pb - 90kg (198lb) - 1.5x my bodyweight :D

Omg! how?!?!

I did deadlifts yesterday and could only manage just the bar! :rotfl:
    My CC - Feb 18 £849.69 July 18 £0.00
    My OD - Feb 18 £1250.00 July 18 £1250.00
    OH CC - Feb 18 £976.00 July 18 £1852.00
    OH OD - Feb 18 £500.00 July 18 £0.00
    TOTAL OD/CC DEBT: Feb 18 £3575.69 Mar 18 £3490.95Apr 18 £3257.78 July 18: £3102.00
    OD/CC DEBT FREE DATE: DECEMBER 2018 :)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi March Money Magicians,

Simple day today:

Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do Holistrio App.

* Check online banking and broadband usage.

* Turned off alarm clock until tomorrow, it resets itself automatically.

* Go to work.

* Take leftovers in packed lunchbox.

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Omg! how?!?!

I did deadlifts yesterday and could only manage just the bar! :rotfl:

Well I've been training for a couple of years now :)

Trust me, when I started, I couldn't even lift the bar out of the holder :o
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,082 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hi Wednesday Penny Wranglers,
    Been out to support a local charity morning earlier, so not as much achieved as usual. Some bits & bobs though:
    *Took advantage of a chance to park free on my morning to have tfe car & went into town.
    *Was not tempted to spend. Had a look in 3 clothes shops I like to see if there was anything fab to put on my birthday list but apart from 1 top that was ok, everything else was in colours I don't wear.
    *Bought some totally bargainaceous birthday cards from 'The Works'......any ten cards for £1. Nice cards too.
    *Mixed up sourdough loaf to bake tomorrow.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Lots of annoying little 'use-it-ups' being used in tonight's meal.......a few frozen green beans, last spoonful of curry paste, annoying tsp of harissa, etc.
    *Body lotion tube cut open to get the last few uses out of it.
    *Continue knitting my throw for the sofa. Taking ages as the squares are so small (I wanted it to look like patchwork) - 30 more squares to knit.
    *Squidged down to greenhouse & watered my seedlings - goodness knows how they've managed to germinate during that cold snowy weather, but most of them have.
    That's it for today. I'm home all day tomorrow & have a long list at the ready for as soon as I get up.
    Bye till then,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 March 2018 at 10:55PM
    * Brought home 8 coffee and 8 sugar sachets from Airbnb that we didn't use while there. Added these to our supplies.

* Dinner was a jacket potato with leftovers from the food we took with us to the Airbnb.

* Wash and re-use Ikea plastic food bags. (Link)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • elvis69
    elvis69 Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Can I join you? I'm trying to pay all debt off by December so need to find £400 per month to throw at it! Any recommendations? I've done all the big stuff. I keep losing my mojo though!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure