Penalty Charge for mistake on Dental claim form

1235»

Comments

• dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Geoff1963 wrote: »
    I think the OP has gone . . .

And just when we were all getting on so well
  • jessex1990
    jessex1990 Posts: 137 Forumite
    dippy3103 wrote: »
    Just a thought. But would you qualify for free dental treatment on low income grounds? I'm sure you probably looked into this on account of knowing so much (other than if you are on ESA IB or C)

Possibly but he should have filled in the HC1 and got his approval first. There is a dedicated box to tick for it as well.
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    jessex1990 wrote: »
    Possibly but he should have filled in the HC1 and got his approval first. There is a dedicated box to tick for it as well.

I agree... so not a tax on the poor after all, but an avoidable charge
  • Energize
    Energize Posts: 509 Forumite
    edited 14 July 2017 at 3:11AM
    Guest101 wrote: »
    They can seize property e.g. A vehicle and they can make peaceful entry e.g. Open door or window.

They can't enter through a window, bailiffs can only enter through a normal means of entry such as a door, and they can't climb over fences etc to get in.

As I don't have a vehicle myself I don't pay much attention to the threat of bailiffs etc anymore.
  • Londonsu
    Londonsu Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    edited 14 July 2017 at 7:32AM
    There has been a few threads on this and other boards, it's funny most of them have the same mind set as the OP, its unfair, a tax on the poor, why should I pay, and once its made clear that they have to they leave the thread in a huff.

For prescriptions since 2016 the Pharmacists and assistants are suppose to ask for the exemption proof and are supposed to advise patients that if they are claiming when they shouldn't so they could get fined.

After yesterday I can quite understand why they don't and tick the evidence not seen on the back of the prescription.

When I went to collect my prescription I was asked to sign the back by the pharmacy assistant because I am over 60, I very politely pointed out my age and DOB are printed on the front and the notes on the back say I don't need to sign the declaration - but would be happy to if she wanted she was doing her job as far as I was concerned.

Whilst I was waiting she served more customers, she was asking people to supply proof just as she is supposed to, one customer broke down in tears thinking she wasn't going to get her medication, a couple of people complained saying they had never been asked before and why was she asking now, but the last one really kicked off and was very aggressive.

I work in retail and if an action that I was supposed to do resulted in my customers crying or getting aggressive I wouldn't do it and would be reminding my employers that they have legal obligation to safeguard me from any consequences of their policies or decisions in other words a duty of care.

We are going to see more threads like this as the NHS (quite rightly) are pursuing those who claim when not entitled.
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Energize wrote: »
    They can't enter through a window, bailiffs can only enter through a normal means of entry such as a door, and they can't climb over fences etc to get in.

As I don't have a vehicle myself I don't pay much attention to the threat of bailiffs etc anymore.
    You're right only HCEO can use a window. In any case however, it's still not advisable to ignore a penalty notice for misuse of NHS resources
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure