specialoffers@store.currys.co.uk- Spam Emails HELP

Options
2»

Comments

• kingtwig
    Options
    I've been having the same problem with these [EMAIL="no_reply@currys.co.uk"]no_reply@currys.co.uk[/EMAIL] spam emails.....for a couple of months now. I followed a previous user's advice about sweeping, but it works for most other spam emails, except this one. It just comes up as "something went wrong- couldn't make a rule", or something like that.....and it does the same each time with this specific spam email address. So sick of it. So for now, I'm just sweeping the others, and blocking the Currys ones...
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    kingtwig wrote: »
    I've been having the same problem with these [EMAIL="no_reply@currys.co.uk"]no_reply@currys.co.uk[/EMAIL] spam emails.....for a couple of months now. I followed a previous user's advice about sweeping, but it works for most other spam emails, except this one. It just comes up as "something went wrong- couldn't make a rule", or something like that.....and it does the same each time with this specific spam email address. So sick of it. So for now, I'm just sweeping the others, and blocking the Currys ones...

If you use an e-mail address for comping (as recommended) just create another one to use for entering from now on and change your details on sites where you need to login as they come up - keep an eye on the old one for a while then discard it.

(If you have one e-mail address for "safe" log-in sites that are unlikely to produce spam and another for the rest it's rare the log-in one will need to be changed and it's no effort to change the other one)
  • Angela_High
    Options
    I have today received a text from Track Parcel informing me that my order from Curries is awaiting collection from a TNT depot giving me a customer reference No, I have not ordered anything from Curries and if I were toi purchase an item I would go in store, I assume this is a Phishing scam!
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Easiest way to check is to google the courier, then enter the tracking number directly on their site. Don't click the link the in text.

A courier is unlikely to tell you who the parcel is from, just that you have one waiting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure