Marvellous March NSD Challenge

Options
This challenge is about setting yourself a weekly / monthly target of how many No Spend Days you would like to try and achieve during the month of January.
Keep us updated with your progress and hope you all have a great start to the new year.

To join,
just post your personal target and you are on your way.

Tips for the challenge;
1. Decide on a clear goal weekly or monthly of how many No Spend days you'd like to try and achieve

2. Create a list of allowances...What counts as a spend and what doesn't. Keep the list on you so you don't fall of the wagon or make exceptions for everything

3. Keep a tally of how many NSDs you get. See if you can beat your previous amount!
:heart: Engaged 01-09-17 :heart: Wedding £519.78 (BA) £80.22 (Sp) / £5,600 £5,000 left to save:heart:

Comments

• xironsongx
    xironsongx Posts: 145 Forumite
    edited 3 March 2018 at 2:26PM
    Options
    01. xironsongx 1/15
    02. Poppy1984 0/10
    03. beanielou 2/15
    04. RhiBi 0/15
    05. LLM2018 2/14

In a row challengers
    06. Chocolatedrinker 0/5 days in a row
    :heart: Engaged 01-09-17 :heart: Wedding £519.78 (BA) £80.22 (Sp) / £5,600 £5,000 left to save:heart:
  • Poppy1984
    Poppy1984 Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi can I join please? I've never done this before. So I'm going to set my self a challenge of 10 NSD's in March.
    My direct debit bills don't count. But any money either cash or on card counts.
    X
    19-02-18 Total Debt £30,322
    17-12-21 I'm Debt Free 🎉🎉🎉🎉
  • xironsongx
    Options
    Sure welcome aboard!

Today for me isn't really a non spend day my work closed early due to weather and I took a uber home as I wasn't sure if buses were running. I don't know whether to count it or not
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello again.
    I will go for 15 NSD's.
    I dont count food or petrol unless I go over budget & I dont count yoga as I need to do that.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    As snowed in today today is no 1.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• RhiBi
    RhiBi Posts: 703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I!!!8217;m going to go for 15 NSD!!!8217;s!

I!!!8217;m going to continue meal planning and doing a shopping list as that has really cut down my food bill.
    Virtual Sealed Pot No.07
  • LLM2018
    LLM2018 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    Hello. I will join for March please.

Target of 14 please :)
    When life throws you a curveball, learn to catch it and throw it back! Feb Grocery Challenge/£100
  • xironsongx
    Options
    I'll update the member list tomorrow but good luck everyone. Hoping tomorrow is an NSD I mean... we're pretty much snowed in so I doubt i will spend.

I almost just purchased some ear stretchers (I'm really into body mods) but closed the page down before clicking "buy now" . I'll wait until payday and on a say I spend .
  • beanielou
    Options
    Today is NSD2 because of the snow.

• LLM2018
    LLM2018 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    2 NSDs so far due to snow :)
    When life throws you a curveball, learn to catch it and throw it back! Feb Grocery Challenge/£100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure