Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Claire1972 wrote: »
    Dropped a glass jar on it. I can’t upgrade until March it’s driving me mad already x
    Oh beggar!
    It's only in the last month or two that I have relied on my phone so much, but I feel your pain... Any insurance that you can use?
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    It's nice to be here... Nice to see the board still moves as fast too ;-)

OH admitted on the A run that she'd actually missed this... WHAT ON EARTH :rotfl: even planning on setting alarms to check during the middle of the night. :eek: I'm scared.

You haven’t changed:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • simone10
    simone10 Posts: 1,089
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Good luck with that :eek:

I was once told off for wearing my cycle helmet in T's, I had a bit of a bicker with the security guard because there was two people in there in the full black Islamic dress including full veil, he reckoned it was a religious thing, I told him the Koran does not require it and only asks that women dress modestly, and it was a choice, and I chose to wear my helmet to avoid hurting people with it jn the store and avoid having it destroyed by someone when i leave it hanging on my bike, then walked out having already done my shopping.

I FB'd T's when I got home and they said that I could wear my helmet in store, so I did so the following week, walked past the same guard, and he went red, think I annoyed him :eek:

I never wear anything on my head (except earmuffs) when I'm in a shop. I always pull my hood off as soon as I know I'll be on CCTV view as I know its frowned upon not to be able to see facial features. Having worked in retail myself for many years it does feel more threatening when people have head coverings on (helmets included even though they don't hide your face completely)
    The end is nigh
  • Claire1972
    Claire1972 Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    pippo wrote: »
    Oh beggar!
    It's only in the last month or two that I have relied on my phone so much, but I feel your pain... Any insurance that you can use?

No insurance,I only took the screen protector off the night before as it had a crack in it and I ordered myself a new one. Aargh :mad:
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits. :)
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    I never asked for them i was given them along with my other 6 prescriptions a month:eek:

Real life costs and charges to NHS are so different. We take anti histamines which GOG could get for nowt, but we pay approx £2 every 3 months to buy on line.

When I had 'the operations' and was very unwell a few years ago the nurses seemed to have to check every couple of hours that I was not on any prescribed medication... No, for the 10th time no!!

Coming out of hospital with a stoma, I was given an exception card, that covered me for 5 years for free presciptions even if the the original condition, in my case the stoma, was no longer an issue.. As it happened I reached 60, no prescription charge in the mean time, but blinking heck, I could have had 4 years of free scripts had I been younger.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,949
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: ouch

:o I can feel that :o - when we was children we were playing in a friend's Dad's shed that was strictly Off Bounds ....

I knocked a garden fork (large size) off its hook on the wall & it fell down & embedded a good 2" into my heel - I had to pull it out :eek:
    The Mum said it served me right for being in there :o:o

My Mum had to take me to the Cottage Hospital in Horley. My main worry was having to take off my jumper to have a tetanus jab as I had nothing on underneath :o:o
    Never mind the cleaning of wound & stitches :o
    I've played that sort of game in a shed when I was younger too :)
    I think....
  • Always good to go to bed happy...Hope this makes you laugh as much as I did...:rotfl::rotfl:

https://www.facebook.com/JethroCornwall/videos/10155834871519090/
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Savvy Womble A v M

10 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Seedless Grapes (Colour May Vary) (500g) £1.35 £1.25
    2x ASDA Grower's Selection White Mushrooms (250g) £1.36 N/A
    2x Birds Eye Garden Peas (375g) £2.00 £2.00
    1x ASDA Bananas (10pk) £1.59 N/A
    1x ASDA Rice Puddings (2pk) £1.65 £1.62
    1x Lenor Fabric Conditioner Silk Tree Blossom Inspired By Nature 35 Washes (875ml) £3.00 £2.00
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Boneless Chicken Thigh Fillets (515g) £2.70 N/A
    1x KitKat 2 Finger Mocha Chocolate Biscuit Bar 9 Pack (9x20.7) £1.00 £2.00
    1x Walkers Tear 'n' Share Lightly Salted Crisps (150g) £1.00 N/A
    1x Tymbark Apple and Watermelon Drink (2l) £1.76 N/A
    1x "ASDA BBQ Chicken Deep Pan 10"" Pizza (450g)" £2.30 N/A
    2x Tango Orange Cans (6x330) £4.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Brown Onions (3pk) £0.57 £0.67
    5x ASDA Grower's Selection Red Pepper (each) £2.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Pork Mince (Typically Less Than 20% Fat) (500g) £1.66 N/A
    1x Always Ultra Long Sanitary Towels With Wings Giga Pack (26 pk) £3.00 £2.50
    1x Maltesers Merryteaser Milk Chocolate Reindeer (29g) £0.35 £0.65
    1x Oral-B 3D White Luxe Glamourous Shine Mouthwash (500ml) £5.00 £3.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £17.92 £15.69
    +£2.23 cheaper
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure