Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good M & S bargains :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good evening campers

I am still working on my drudge job list from yesterday. I did not do it on my day off and not today either although I made a dent on the jobs on both yesterday evening and today. I will keep going. Ironing tonight and getting rid of the ironing board.

Work came back to me on my compressed hours. There is a document to sign at the weekend when I meet with my line manager :)

My arms are sore after my workout yesterday.

I have booked a few classes over the next few weeks, like body pump, and an early morning (before work) bootcamp class. I have to make the most of my very expensive membership!

I had some lovely sea bass for supper. MnS YS, was £5.50 reduced to £1.15. They were in the freezer. The only naughty thing is, I ate both fillets as they were so delicious…

On JoJo’s diary she was talking about goals and not achieving much in the evenings. I want to start working on making progress. I have done well on all things work related in both my main job and in my private work. I want to shift the focus and tackle a new area now

Happy hump day everyone :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a productive day DIA. I know what you mean about evenings, it's so easy to waste the time.

Good luck with the gym classes.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Good luck with the gym classes.
    Thanks parsniphead. If you ever saw me working out you would know how much luck I will need to get to the end :o
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Hello Campers,

I discovered I have just £20 left in my current account and I have 3 weeks to pay day. :eek: This should not be a surprise to me and yet it is.

I have stopped aiming for NSDs. I now have an expensive gym membership. I am not tracking my spending. I am not keeping to a budget. I paid for membership to an art gallery. I have a steep charity contribution.

I bought a new teapot today for £18. Now it was reduced from £25 and I have wanted it for years and I saw it in another colour for £30.

I must admit I love the tea pot and I will now pass on my old one as it gave me no joy! I don’t want to be too hard on myself. I bought a teapot not a jar of caviar and since cutting down on wine I do like nice tea…

But basically I am not spending like a person who has debt.

I think it is because I can see the end of my debt getting closer so I am relaxing.

I have been working hard so I feel I have more money and I do but the fact is I still have £5,500 of debt that needs to be paid.

I will be back with a plan!

Did anyone else getting closer to their DF date begin to over relax?

The sun has come out here a little. I hope it has for you too :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sun out here but chilly.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Oh & could you cut down the charity contribution for a wee while?

• doingitanyway
    edited 5 October 2017 at 9:38PM
    Options
    I have gone back to basics. ;)

£50 a week for pocket money and food shopping taken out in CASH every Monday
    A NSD on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
    A new budget that balances :)

MSE Action

Paid £250 from savings to debt (to stop me thinking I have more money than I really have)
    Made breakfast and lunch for tomorrow to stop me spending unnecessarily.
    Cancelled charity contributions from next month (Will restart when debt free) Thanks for the idea beanielou :)

Decluttered

Old tea pot
    Linen top
    Vests
    Socks
    Hair tongs
    Stainless steel cup

Niece out of hospital :j:j

Hope your day went well :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good news on your neice :)

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    It is easy to take the foot of the pedal when things get less pressured. Just regroup and you'll be fine. You now have a plan in place and with your niece improving, you're less likely to be derailed.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure