Click and Collect delayed delivery problem

Options
Retired_at_55
Retired_at_55 Posts: 332 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
I may be impatient but I am posting because I have an uncomfortable feeling about my eBay purchase - for Click and Collect delivery. I paid immediately I purchased on eBay and this was confirmed by eBay email on 21 September.

Payment was PayPal Guest by Credit Card and the payment has been taken from my card (almost straight away) although not unreasonable as the item seemed to be dispatched on the day of ordering.

An email advised that the item was dispatched (for Click and Collect) on 21 September - delivery for 25 or 26 September - no tracking.

No text arrived by 27th September. I contacted the seller who advised that the delivery company (I assume a Courier) had shipment problems but that my item was already on its way for delivery (Click and Collect as arranged) by today - 29th.

I'm a bit late, I know, but I have checked seller feedback on eBay and it is not good - my mistake. This has never happened to me before but, if the item does not arrive (cannot be collected unless text with reference number on it arrives) what options do I have?

In the meantime could someone please let me know what my options are and how to proceed? Should I contact my credit card company, eBay or PayPal - or should I try contacting the seller again? The transaction payment itself is not on PayPal as I paid through PayPal as a guest with credit card.

How long is it reasonable for me to wait, in the circumstances? I don't want to antagonize the seller who, to be fair, did respond to my enquiry when the first Click and Collect delivery date passed.

Thanks as any replies will be very welcome. I'm posting early as I feel quite uneasy about this.

I hope it is OK to ask so soon - this (potential) type of problem is new to me. If the text/item arrive I'll post immediately, thank you.

Retired at 55

Comments

• Lisbon
    Lisbon Posts: 415 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You seem to be making quite a meal of this! If the item doesn't arrive you simply open an INR case and get your money back.

Give it another few days and then open a case.
  • Retired_at_55
    Options
    Lisbon wrote: »
    You seem to be making quite a meal of this! If the item doesn't arrive you simply open an INR case and get your money back.

Give it another few days and then open a case.

I'm sure you are right, Lisbon - my apologies. I've never been in this (potential) situation before and I'm just annoyed with myself for not paying attention to feedback before purchasing.

I'll do as you say, thanks and it's good of you to reply.

Retired at 55
  • Lisbon
    Lisbon Posts: 415 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm sure you are right, Lisbon - my apologies. I've never been in this (potential) situation before and I'm just annoyed with myself for not paying attention to feedback before purchasing.

I'll do as you say, thanks and it's good of you to reply.

Retired at 55

Absolutely no need to apologise - I just didn't want you to waste too much emotional energy on something where you really don't need to (but that's always so much easier said than done, of course...).
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Argos can be slow at the best of times and it may not be anything to do with your seller.

If the item is time-sensitive you can open a case for INR after the estimated delivery window has closed.

If it isn't and you still want it, you may want to wait a few days.

Ultimately you are totally protected and your money is safe.
  • Retired_at_55
    Options
    Argos can be slow at the best of times and it may not be anything to do with your seller.

If the item is time-sensitive you can open a case for INR after the estimated delivery window has closed.

If it isn't and you still want it, you may want to wait a few days.

Ultimately you are totally protected and your money is safe.

I'll wait till next week and thank you for replying. I'll definitely post with the outcome.

Retired at 55
  • Retired_at_55
    Options
    Problem solved. The item arrived at Click and Collect this evening. It had come from a different supplier - not from the eBay seller directly. The item was marked at £15.99 with free Courier delivery although the ebay seller sold it for nearly £20 including free Courier delivery from the third party company via Hermes.

Pleased with item and it is what I was looking for but have learned a lesson. Thank you for your interest and replies above.

Retired at 55.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport