Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,

@Sarah1972, it is great to hear that you enjoy using the site and that we can assist in getting you cashback on the purchases that you would have made anyway! If you should ever have any questions at all though, I am always happy to help :)

@carh, if you are set to receive these, then these should be coming through but if could you email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk, I can take a better look into why this this email is not being received.

I am sorry to hear another transaction has not tracked, once the 7 days has passed, our Claims Team would be more than happy to look into getting this tracking to your account as expected. I can assure you that we are not targeting you at all and do take your concerns very seriously, untracked transactions can occur for various reasons and if a merchant goes on to decline a claim, we are not always in a position to query this further, although we will always do this where we can. We do want our members to be happy and will always go through ways to help to improve tracking. Have you tried using a completely separate browser for your purchases at all?

@B_M, it is great to hear that you have seen an improvement in our service :) I will be sure to pass on your suggestion regarding splitting the payout options though and we really appreciate the feedback here!

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    @tcb Samantha, thanks. I have almost £165 to cash in and 2 of those payments are over £50 (£63 and £84). So, you appreciate why 'splitting' (even just £50) would be of benefit.
    I'll leave it there uncashed until I hear from any update. If splitting isn't going to be allowed, then it will have to be cash for the larger payouts.
    But, I think splitting would be beneficial for most members and possibly the likes of Tesco (and other vouchers etc).
    Is there a reason for the Tesco £50 limit?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • Hollie_
    Hollie_ Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah I love topcashback.co.uk. Had £166.62 paid into my bank account so far, and they always resolve my missing cashback claims.
  • carh
    carh Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there,

@Sarah1972, it is great to hear that you enjoy using the site and that we can assist in getting you cashback on the purchases that you would have made anyway! If you should ever have any questions at all though, I am always happy to help :)

@carh, if you are set to receive these, then these should be coming through but if could you email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk, I can take a better look into why this this email is not being received.

I am sorry to hear another transaction has not tracked, once the 7 days has passed, our Claims Team would be more than happy to look into getting this tracking to your account as expected. I can assure you that we are not targeting you at all and do take your concerns very seriously, untracked transactions can occur for various reasons and if a merchant goes on to decline a claim, we are not always in a position to query this further, although we will always do this where we can. We do want our members to be happy and will always go through ways to help to improve tracking. Have you tried using a completely separate browser for your purchases at all?

@B_M, it is great to hear that you have seen an improvement in our service :) I will be sure to pass on your suggestion regarding splitting the payout options though and we really appreciate the feedback here!

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Thank you for your reply. I have emailed n the past and it did little good. but I will email you on the link again and hope you can PLEASE sort out why my account seems to be just sidelined so much with cashback and no emails
    Carh:A
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello,

@B_M, I can understand what you are saying and they are good amounts for sure, I have passed your suggestion forward but at this stage, I would not expect a speedy response as to whether this is something that we would do, as I'm sure you can imagine, there would be a lot of processes involved to make this happen but I will be sure to update you if this is ever expected to be brought in.

The £50 limit for requesting your cashback as Clubcard points is an agreement between ourselves and Tesco, this is not something that we are looking to increase at present though.

@Hollie_, that is fantastic to hear and I hope you have been sure to treat yourself with the cashback earned! We are always here to help and will do our best to ensure that any queries are swiftly resolved for you :)

@carh, thanks for your email, I have received this and will take a really good look into your account this afternoon. Hopefully I can assist in getting this all sorted for you!

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Shrimply
    Shrimply Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm actually a bit annoyed with TopCashBack, for the first time ever I have had a transaction cancelled that had been sitting as payable. It wasn't for very much and I've lodged a claim so we will see what happens but I really don't think they should be allowed to do that.

Surely if it's payable, they already have received the money.

Usually I wait until I have a decent amount of cashback to be paid, that way it's less work for them etc. However, lesson learnt, I'll be taking the payment as soon as I see it payable from now on, no matter how little it is.
  • bobpat_2
    bobpat_2 Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    Is anyone else awaiting cashback from Sky, for a transaction in October last?
  • BartyBoy
    BartyBoy Posts: 407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Samantha

I am not sure if you are one of the TCB people who have responded to my claim on my account, but I must say I am really not happy with the service that I have received here.

Very briefly, I booked a hotel room with Agoda via your website back in July 2014. The hotel room cost me £212.66, and I was charged exactly £212.66 (not in USD or any other foreign currency) on my credit card.

Few days passed by, I received no notification from your website saying this hotel room booking was recorded/tracked, so I filed a missing cashback claim and provided all necessary information for the claim (such as the transaction value and booking reference). Some weeks later, I received a message from your claim team saying the missing cashback was now located and added into my account, but the cashback amount was incorrect. So I had to file another claim for incorrect tracked cashback for this transaction. I have waited for months. Then a week ago I received another message from your claim team telling me the cashback amount in my account was correct. I was told the cashback was based on the figure which was given by the merchant. But I said to your team all the figure was wrong!

I sent a copy of the payment receipt to your team via email to prove how much I have spent here. Then I got another reply from your team telling me that the transaction figure was provided by the merchant so there was nothing else the team could do. I simply do not believe that!

First of all, I am the one who paid for the hotel room, does your claim team really think I don't know how much I have spent on the booking?

Furthermore, I have obtained a copy of the payment receipt here from the merchant, the receipt clearly shows how much I have paid for the booking, it is nothing near to the figure that your team has told me.

So now I have requested for the details of the merchant so that I can speak to them about this 'mystery' transaction value directly, but your team simply ignores my request. I mean, what sort of service do you call this?

I am really frustrated here!

Many thanks

Bart
  • carh
    carh Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    luckymannn wrote: »
    I'm concerned my home insurance purchase from last night hasn't tracked.

I swear I used to get emails shortly after buying things (like the next morning) saying something like "your purchase has been recognised". But I haven't got any email from topcashback at all. (I've checked my email settings and Transaction Notification Email is enabled).

The only place I can see any mention of the co-operative home insurance, is in the 'My Visited' section on the topcashback website.

I use Firefox and always clear all history and cookies before I use topcashback.

I also used the test link on topcashback website which worked fine.
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/testtracking

The reason I'm concerned so soon is that I recently lost out on £80 BT internet cashback because it didn't track then my follow up claim got rejected by BT.

The only reason I've chosen the Co-op for home insurance is for the £25 cashback.

I've been using topcashback for years and never had a problem, I've always recommended it to people, but lately it all seems to be going wrong. Also I'm sure I've missed out on smaller claims recently as I've definitely bought items online thinking I would get £1 or so cashback but nothing seemed to come of it. Not sure how to prove this.
    I have had a similar problem and have emailed Samantha about it. I used to have no trouble seeing my tracked purchases but now nothing tracks and things go missing and I don't get emails. As annoying as it is for both of us (and many others!), at least I know it is not just me!
    Carh:A
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    @tcb Samantha, thanks again and I acknowledge my request is something that could take some time. I was prepared to let the cash back lie for a while, but have now requested a BACS payment for the larger amounts and the one cash back which wasn't eligible for the Tesco points. I've left the remaining small amount and will soon have £26.25 to add and turn into Tesco points.
    It's a shame there is a limit (£50) as some of the Tesco offers allow £250 pp to be used against Cosmos Holidays. No good to myself, but I'm sure someone would love to take advantage of that offer.
    Hopefully splitting larger amounts to allow £50 to be taken will be an option in the future and an increase from that £50 would be beneficial to some, if not most members.
    Thanks again, especially for passing my request on.
    It might give the tech guys something to do. :D
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback