IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro car park parking charge notice

Hi, could you please give me more information regarding a parking charge I received from ECP. I found myself lost so pulled off a dual carriageway onto what I now know to be private parking land owned by ECP.
I was asking people if they knew where I was and for a postcode so I could download a satnav app on my phone. From the postal parking charge, I found out I was there for 16 minutes in total. Because I was lost I didn't even realise I had pulled onto a carpark I just wanted to be safe and off the carriageway.
Should I pay the £60 fine to ECP even tho I didn't know I was on their land???? Please help...

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Did you miss 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' back on page one?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,029
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    private parking land owned by ECP.
    highly unlikely to be owned by ECP
    The newbies thread is here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822 it may seem big and intimidating but in there is all you need to know, take a look and come back with your thoughts.

One bit of advice, dont give any hints as to who was driving, no he/I/she and so on, refer to yourelf as the vehicles registered keeper, adn the parking incident as "the vehicle"

I'm guessig that this is/was a so called ANPR capture where a camera on a stick reads the vehicles number plate, and then further down the line you get a letter in the post with a picture of the vehicle?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • verynicelady
    verynicelady Posts: 29 Forumite
    edited 11 April 2017 at 6:51PM
    Thank you for you help Half-way, it was as you said "camera!!! so-called entry and exit pictures. Coupon-mad the page you refer to has been read just unsure of exactly what it means. It says DON'T pay but Don't IGNORE either. If contacted isn't the vehicles registered keeper accepting liability. Also, the bit with the double dip is confusing???? pictures show an entry time and exit time "is this what it's referring to??? Sorry for sounding dumb, just confused..
  • Coupon-mad the page you refer to has been read just unsure of exactly what it all means. It says DON'T pay but don't IGNORE either. If contacted isn't the vehicles registered keeper accepting liability. Also, the bit with the double dip is confusing???? pictures show an entry time and exit time "is this what it's referring to??? Sorry for sounding dumb, just confused..
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    If contacted isn't the vehicles registered keeper accepting liability.

No. The template appeal is there to make this easy; it is usually very easy to beat ECP.

Yours wasn't a double visit so that part isn't relevant to you.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,029
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    double dip: two separate visits recorded as one due to known flaws in anpr cameras
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Thanks for your reply, should the said owner then contact the ECP explaining the situation, as the newbies page says DONT IGNORE???? and if told the fine has to be paid then go to appeals notice????
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Really not sure why you find this so hard, and please cut out the question marks which are annoying, to say the least. No-one is telling you to ignore it and the NEWBIES thread says a lot more than 'don't ignore it'. The thread TELLS you what to do...

Please clarify what help you need after reading the sticky, which gives you a template appeal and how to win at POPLA, with templates in post #3 of the same thread. We don't have time to (nor do we need to) repeat what's already advised in the NEWBIES thread. The appeal (and POPLA appeal) templates are there, what more are you looking for?
  • I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the tool box, but no need to be rude. I find trying to find resolve looking in the newbies thread mind boggling. It's easy for you as you're the writer of the thread to understand, but when you've never ever had a parking ticket/notice and you need help coming onto one of these sites I thought would have given me the answers but it's confusing I've a HEADACHE.....
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    We simply cannot field queries piecemeal - wish we could, but we do this for free and we can't. That's why I wrote the FAQS threads in 2013 and keep it up to date all this time. Because I want people to help themselves and to beat the scammers.

That sticky thread helps hundreds of people every week/month. Almost all new posters come here in a panic with their first ever private PCN, no-one is any different from you - all newbies, all scared - but that's the thread you need.

It does give you the answers, I promise you.

I cannot understand what is so hard about copying a template appeal I've written for you. Hence the frustration...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure