Walk 1000 miles

Is anybody on here doing the Country Walking magazine walk 1000 miles in a year challenge
Would be great to chat if there is
I am up to 396 miles since Feb 14th and its been a fantastic way to lose weight and change shape and also to get back into 8 pairs of jeans i had living in the wardrobe :j

Comments

• indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I've never heard of Country Walking magazine, but anything that gets people walking more is a good thing.
    To be honest I have no idea how far I have walked this year as I tend not to measure my walks, I would guess hinking around 10 or so walks of about 10-12 miles each, so about 100 miles or so.
    However I do know that so far this year I have run 589.8 miles. Does that count?

And go you for getting in to the jeans! I made the mistake of throwing all my old stuff away as I never thought I would fit into any of it again. I would now!
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    great idea - any links to it ?
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • Tyler_Du
    Tyler_Du Posts: 712 Forumite
    I'm doing a similar thing, have clocked 513 miles since I stared, I try to do 3-4 miles a day.
  • Biollante21
    Biollante21 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    As in twohooter's post you can now join the 500 mile club
    Very friendly FB group too
  • I'm doing the 1000k in a year challenge on map my run, so it's less than the 1000 mile! I've run 420k this year so I'm pretty pleased with how my targets going :j

I do get abit obsessed though and love checking on my progress! always happy to chat about it and encourage running and walking obsessions :)
    Credit card debt & LBM June 2016 £25,011.12
    Just because it's stormy now doesn't mean you aren't heading for sunshine
  • SalemD
    SalemD Posts: 29 Forumite
    I have only walked 73 miles this year. :o

I am going to try up my game for the rest of the year, and do walking everyday.

I have routes planned that cover 2,3 and 5 miles.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    I'm disappointed that no one's made a joke about The Proclaimers yet.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I'm disappointed that no one's made a joke about The Proclaimers yet.

They are lazy layabouts ... only setting a 500 miles initial target ... then resorting to an extra 500 ... where is the challenge in that, they should have set it more challenging to start with.

I'm intrigued are the people that are measuring miles doing so for everything they do or just when the specifically go for a walk or run?

For running I am up to 641.9 miles for the year to date although this doesn't include warms ups or warm downs for races / parkruns etc. So probably missing in the region of 50 miles or so.

I still haven't managed to work out the walking yet, I would guess from the hiking that I have done so far this year in the lake district its in the region of a couple of hundred miles, for walking in general I haven't got a clue.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Tammykitty
    Tammykitty Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I have walked 415km from March to now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts