Options

Comments

• debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sandypan wrote: »
    Could I join please?

I've tried so many times to cut down but it just doesn't work! I have a stressful job and a partner who enjoys the social aspect of drinking and I have felt bad in the past it I haven't joined in. It is now affecting my health, my appearance and also too many hangovers where I say never again only to start again the very next day. On September 1st I had my last drink and so far have not had another for the last 5 days! It has been hard and I have a massive headache ever since but I am determined this time! I don't intend to give up forever but just feel that I need to give my body a rest! So could I have 29 AF days for September please?

Welcome Sandypan. You will get lots of support and encouragement here.
    4/20 for tonight please.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Could I join please?

I've tried so many times to cut down but it just doesn't work! I have a stressful job and a partner who enjoys the social aspect of drinking and I have felt bad in the past it I haven't joined in. It is now affecting my health, my appearance and also too many hangovers where I say never again only to start again the very next day. On September 1st I had my last drink and so far have not had another for the last 5 days! It has been hard and I have a massive headache ever since but I am determined this time! I don't intend to give up forever but just feel that I need to give my body a rest! So could I have 29 AF days for September please?

Welcome Sandypan! Great going already, with five days under your belt. Your liver must be loving the new you :D!

7/30 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome Sandypan :wave: lots of support here x

Had a really alcohol-packed weekend and hung over this morning :( I've just found an empty wine bottle in the lounge, which means I drank much more than I'd intended. I remember thinking that I'd just have one glass, so my willpower went out the window at some point. Typically, I had a bad night so feel doubly rubbish now.

I need a boot up the backside please!
  • Gonzo1987
    Gonzo1987 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Options
    I have nearly completed my first alcohol free week since Jan! This includes 3 trips to pubs over the weekend too. I am so proud of myself! I would have really loved a beer yesterday, but I've promised myself new shoes if I make it through this month. I feel so much better for it too.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gonzo1987 wrote: »
    I am so proud of myself! I would have really loved a beer yesterday, but I've promised myself new shoes if I make it through this month. I feel so much better for it too.

WOW!!! Just thinking how many new pairs of shoes you can buy with a month's booze money!! Unless it's Louboutins you have in mind perhaps.;)

It can be hard to find the stop button Dizzy Imp. I often have a break mid evening with a cu of tea or a soft drink. It can help.

Back on the wagon for me today. I won't manage the SNC this week as out for a couple of meals but I will be moderate.

4 AFDs please Shaggy.
  • Carviscocker
    Options
    ✨✨ 6days done ✨✨ thanks!
    I am officially debt free! Debt paid: £18,600 Current Savings: Pot 1 £300 //// Pot 2 (premium bonds) £3,800 :T:j
  • Gonzo1987
    Gonzo1987 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    WOW!!! Just thinking how many new pairs of shoes you can buy with a month's booze money!! Unless it's Louboutins you have in mind perhaps.;)

haha no, Louboutins would be wasted on me I'm afraid! We live on a little narrowboat so I need some good quality boots that will keep me warm and toasty over winter!

DizzyImp I have been there, I find it so hard to stop once I do start drinking, I feel so bad about it afterwards but at the time I just want can't seem to say no to than extra glass/pint/whatever
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Afternoon :hello:

1 more ALD for yesterday.

59d19a95e92efcf48952b7a02f03f689.jpg

Shaggyx
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    Gonzo1987 wrote: »
    Mind if I join? For various reasons I really want to cut down on my drinking, but I fail at the first hurdle normally. I have signed up to Setember's dryathlon, so this might be ambitious but I am aiming for 30 days free this month. 3/30 done already, so far, so good.

I'm an all or nothing kind of person, so I'm unsure whether to aim to be tee-total rather than limit my drinking to say, 2 or 3 times a month.

Pushing out the welcomewagon.gif for you. Good Luck.
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    Could I join please?

welcomewagon.gif Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure