The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    greentiger wrote: »
    Well done, kathrynha (superb!)

Hope you enjoy the match, tweets.

What a lovely day it has turned out to be! Not the best foodwise today, although I think I did ok when I was out for lunch – for a change!

Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: beans on hexb toast (4)
    Lunch: Piri Piri Chicken Fillet –with salad garnish & savoury spicy rice (nom nom)
    Snack: 2 digestive biscuits with jam (8)
    Dinner: hexb roll with fried egg and square sausage (5)
    Snack: hexa cheese & grapes
    Total: 17 syns

Oh, and I’m claiming a wee NSV. I went into a caf! late afternoon – and then I thought, “Nah, I don’t really need/want(!!!!) this, and walked out!

Roll on tomorrow.

Thanks its on tv freeview channel 115 :j:j:j
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Hi everyone, this is my Thursday's menu plan...

Breakfast.. porridge A/B mixed berries.

Lunch.. cottage cheese on toast B melon

Dinner.. double egg and s/w cheesy A chips beetroot.apple, melon

Extra.. f f yoghurt. 2 crisp breads/ butter 5 syns
    5 syns..
  • lilly81
    lilly81 Posts: 623
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I went to slimming world group for the first time today

I have put on all that I had lost :o

So this week it's food optimising to the max!
    Debt free date 23rd march 2009 🥳Autism is my super power 🏳️🌈 🌈✨
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,862
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    lilly81 wrote: »
    I went to slimming world group for the first time today

I have put on all that I had lost :o

So this week it's food optimising to the max!

Good luck:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    maman wrote: »
    That's a good thing lois. WW must have worked out that people like a treat on WI days, gives you something to work for. You've done ever so well to up your steps. Are you managing any 'fun' walks or is it all in the course of work?

It's a mixture of both - I started with just work and everyday steps then started adding in going for walks to increase the number of steps. It's mainly around the caravan site which is on a hill so it's hard work. the most I've clocked up so far was over 5000 when we went to Exeter on Sunday, but that was to make up for being rained off the day before.

My dream is to be able to do the south west coastal path but I've got a long way to go before I feel confident enough to tackle even a small section.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • MissTeach
    MissTeach Posts: 260 Forumite
    Had a good week and managed to stick to plan even over the weekend.
    Not a massive loss but a step in the right direction. I am bloody hurting from my physio session tonight though so it's taken a lot of strength to not comfort eat!

-1.5lb
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 24 May 2017 at 9:47PM
    My legs are absolutely killing me from the amount of walking I have done today.Walking to and from school 3 times,even longer walk to collect daughter from Cubs because partner needed car to drive other daughter to ballet.Plus 3 hours cleaning.Think my legs are going to drop off :eek:.

Today's menu:
    Breakfast: 2 slices toast (HEB+3),Flora Light (1 syn),Marmite.an apricot

Lunch: Salad: ham,2 eggs,beetroot,red pepper,onion,mange toute,2 tomatoes,2tab mayo (1 syn)

Snack: peach and passionfruit yoghurt -absolutely devine!Can't remmeber syns-will look up.
    Edit-looked it up,and it is freeeeeeeeee!Love gorgeous-ness that is free

Tea: quiche with cheese (1 syn)red pepper,bacon,tinned sweetcorn.Served with beetroot,carrot,cucumber,followed by another freeeeeeeeee yoghurt

Snacks tonight (so far....): 2 Hifi bars (6 syns),chocolate rice cakes (3.5 syns)

Have had skimmed milk in cups of tea,though not much-it's been too hot,and I've been too busy.

Brisk walking for total of 1 hour 40 minutes.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,480
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    We done to all the losers and hugs for those who need them. As I said earlier in the week I'm not going to WI this morning. Today is the start of my new week - so 105 syns to play with again:D.

After my hospital appointment I'll be driving up to pick my grandson up and bringing him home for a few days while his mum and partner are away - he's not a kid so could easily stay on his own but he asked if we'd go up and stay with him! So DH phoned him yesterday and suggested he came down to us and then promptly said I'd pick him up - it's nearly an hour each way and quite honestly I'm not impressed with him. He could have come down on the train and I'd have picked him up quite happily from the station, which happens to be about 10 minutes from the hospital!

Also means I'll need to rejig the menu plan for this week and the start of next week as there won't be any leftovers to have for lunch the next day:eek: - he's a big lad, although is trying to lose weight so he won't mind SW food.

Today's plan, another Green day:

B - beans on toast
    L - egg salad
    D - vegetarian lasagne - from this month's magazine; rice pudding:T

HEA1 - milk in tea
    HEA2 - rice pudding
    HEB1 - bread
    HEB2 - ? not sure maybe some toast later

Denise
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Well done GreenTiger on resisting the temptation of the caf!, and MissTeach on your loss.

Good lot of body magic going on on here. Thinking I need to start to do some too. I have a fitbit somewhere that I need to find and charge, but I might need to replace it, as it annoyed me having to charge it almost every day. Any recommendations for something similar which has a decent battery life?

Feeling a bit down today, as we have had bad news in our village following Monday's events in Manchester, but as the lady that has passed away was a Slimming World member, I will honour her by not giving in to comfort eating.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - Prawn salad
    Dinner - Salmon stir fry
    Snacks - strawberries and cereal bars (yes the normal Aldi quavers are missing today, because my husband ate the last packet :mad:)

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - Cereal bars
    Syns - none planned, saving them for weekend away
    Zebras rock
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,874
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all.

I am currently waiting in for the boiler engineer - he should be here about 9 hopefully. Will be going to work when he's been.

I am going to WI tonight as I can't make Saturdays session. I don't know what the result will be, as it's not been a complete week, plus it's a different time to WI. I normally WI first thing on Saturday morning and this will be after work today.

Just a quick question - this is my first week as a target member. Do you go straight to the WI desk, or do you have to go through the pay desk first (even though I won't be paying). I don't see what the other target members do and feel a bit daft asking at group. :rotfl:
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure