NHS Dental charges

Last week i had toothache and managed to get a same day appt with my Dentist , who said I had lost a small filling and he replaced this.
The appt took about five minutes and I was charged band 2 payment of just over £56.
I did not query this at the time but it was always my understanding that emergency treatment was covered by the band 1 £20 charge or maybe this has changed ?

Comments

• brook2jack
    brook2jack Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    If he did a check up e.g. You hadn't been in for a while it becomes a band two.

The NHS monitors how many emergency bands are claimed for followed by check ups and the dentist will be pulled up if there are ,statistically , too many . So if you are due a check up the dentist will do it at the same time.
  • benny123
    benny123 Posts: 165
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for reply, I attend regularly to the dental surgery, every six or nine months, though ussually see a different dentist .My last check up was in March, when I did not need any treatment apart from a brief clean and polish which the dentist did as my teeth and gums were in good condition .
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I would expect to pay a band 2 fee as that is the band for fillings. I paid thee same for an 'emergency' extraction (well within two days).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure