How does Universal Credit work?Will they still pay me? HELP

Hi. I have applied for Universal Credit and been seeing my advisor weekly. I have been informed I will be payed at the start of next month as it takes a while to start the payment. The thing is I have been offered a trial and if I am successful I will start work Monday - which is great. But I am worried as I dont know if Universal credit will pay me up until the first day I get work or completely cancel my payment that is due very soon. If they were to cancel it as I now have work, I dont know how I will survive for another month without payment and would struggle a lot.

Does Universal Credit pay you if you start work before payment - as in will they pay you the days you have not been in work???????

Comments

• ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Jade19888 wrote: »
    Hi. I have applied for Universal Credit

Does Universal Credit pay you if you start work before payment - as in will they pay you the days you have not been in work???????

Yes, your claim begins on the date you applied for UC online, but the first 7 days are deemed 'waiting days' so do not accrue £, so after 5 weeks you'll receive 4 weeks' worth of UC £.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure