PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• ProDave
    ProDave Posts: 3,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 March 2017 at 10:14PM
    chrissie83 wrote: »
    property-for-sale/property-58225069
    .html at the end but not sure it will work ��
    Thanks for your help. I think I know what's wrong with the pictures, we weren't expecting them to be taken that day. Hubby doesn't agree with me though so just wanted a few opinions

did you mean to truncate the link?
    Two things stand out:

Is it REALLY leasehold? that will oput a lot of house buyers off. If it's freehold, get that mistake corrected.

I take it the loft room was done without planning permission and building control so cannot be described as anything other than storage. Have you looked at what would be needed to regularise that so it could be described as 3 bedrooms? (might be a lot of expensive structural work if it's not been done properly)
  • chrissie83
    chrissie83 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Yes I meant to do it that way, so it doesn't appear in search results. Could you remove the link please?
    Yes it is but only £2.50 per year
    It was done before we bought it, hubby thinks it's to do with the stairs as to why it doesn't meet regs
  • She did mean to truncate it and it would be kind to delete that bit of your post (I made the same mistake).[

eta cross posted Chrissie./COLOR]
  • chrissie83
    chrissie83 Posts: 90 Forumite
    :) I don't even know if it would appear in search results but I want to be cautious
  • ProDave
    ProDave Posts: 3,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Sorry, I have removed the link.

Loft conversion could "fail" for any number of reasons, stairs, headroom, not done structurally correctly etc. Though after a certain number of ears building control will not persue it,

Lease may put some off, how long is the lease for? does it come with any restrictions on what you can do?

The colour scheme would not put me off. I can see through that and imagine it decorated to my tastes.
  • The loft has been done around 20 years ago.

The lease has something like 900 years remaining & no restrictions that I know of.

The pink & the blue bedroom look much more vibrant in the pictures, they are much paler in r.l.
    Thanks for your input & for removing the link :)
  • I've just had a Home Buyers survey done on my house and it took 23 minutes.

The surveyor asked me if I had done any major work on the house since I bought it, my reply was no. I asked him did he want to ask me any more more questions, his reply was no. I asked him how much did this cost the buyer and he said up to £700. Seemed far too quick for my liking, I expected more questions and more of an investigation of the property.

I think when I buy I might give a survey a miss and use my eyes and intuition instead.
  • Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I have had 2 surveys done on 2 properties and they both pretty much say the same thing and they can't be too accurate since they can't rip up floor boards or check electrics etc. They have both had photos of issues such as uneven guttering or a missing roof tile or an asbestos shed roof so that is helpful but maybe a walk around with a builder would be better than paying £700 for such a report.
  • tomryan89
    tomryan89 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Hi everyone ! Thought I would join in!

Somehow we got an offer accepted in a house we love outside of London even before ours was on the market. The sellers of the house have not found anywhere they like yet so I think we were attractive as we wouldn't put lots of pressure on them to move too fast.

We are selling our one bedroom flat in North London. It went on the market last Saturday and we've had two viewings so far. Both said it was nice but we're concerned with the lack of storage.

We haven't got a wardrobe at the moment as ours had to be returned so everthing is on a clothes rail. Thinking about buying a cheap wardrobe so people get a better idea of storage options when the view. Any thoughts?

Bit annoyed that the estate agent has not got any viewings booked in for the weekend after giving us thier whole sales pitch. Am I being too optimistic? Thought we'd be having loads of viewings all the time!
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    tomryan89 wrote: »
    Hi everyone ! Thought I would join in!

Somehow we got an offer accepted in a house we love outside of London even before ours was on the market. The sellers of the house have not found anywhere they like yet so I think we were attractive as we wouldn't put lots of pressure on them to move too fast.

We are selling our one bedroom flat in North London. It went on the market last Saturday and we've had two viewings so far. Both said it was nice but we're concerned with the lack of storage.

We haven't got a wardrobe at the moment as ours had to be returned so everthing is on a clothes rail. Thinking about buying a cheap wardrobe so people get a better idea of storage options when the view. Any thoughts?

Bit annoyed that the estate agent has not got any viewings booked in for the weekend after giving us thier whole sales pitch. Am I being too optimistic? Thought we'd be having loads of viewings all the time!

I'm selling a house in NE London and it's gone so quiet! I have had loads of reduced properties on the rightmove alerts I've had through. Typical LOL.

When people say lack of storage, I'd say they mean more things like where to put the ironing board, iron, hoover, etc. Do you have a cupboard? I hate seeing clothes on rails anyway, and in a one bedroom flat, you really do have to make it as appealing as possible as they're usually harder to shift. Yes, I would get a wardrobe, but not one of those ones with the material in front. What about something like this that's not horrendously pricey and doesn't look cheap http://www.worldstores.co.uk/p/Santiago_2_Door_Wardrobe.htm or http://www.worldstores.co.uk/p/Panama_2_Door_Wardrobe.htm

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport