MSE News: Over 40% of cashback site users don't get paid

123457»

Comments

• Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    jenniewb - have a look at imutual, H&B cashback is "guaranteed" there.

http://www.imutual.co.uk/holland-and-barrett
    11% cashback, which is less than Topcashbacks "exclusive" rate (which ends tomorrow). But what is the point of an enhanced rate if it's not paid??
    Worth considering, even if just for experience - good luck.
    But for any "problem" merchants, it's worth checking out to see if there's any guaranteed cashback.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • carh
    carh Posts: 174 Forumite
    jenniewb wrote: »
    I thought I'd post here to warn people about Holland and Barratt who have never paid me for what has been quite a few shops via either Quidco or TCB. I know that everything else I've bought with them has been tracked so find it hard to believe that H&B has not worked.

Each time I've been declined my cashback by Holland and Barratt I've placed a claim- normally this helps and I win (I don't make things up when I make a claim, so in my mind the fact this ends up as OK and I get my cashback isn't "great/fantastic" it's "about b***** time!") I don't however get my cashback paid by Holland and Barratt any time I make a claim despite using a cashback site each time fair and square.

I'd say in terms of cashback they should owe me around £25 to £30 within the past year or so. I now don't shop with them because of this. They were never irreplaceable. Boots, Superdrug and a range of other websites will offer just as good a service and as I'm not worried about missing out on the cashback because H&B never pay up, I'm not missing out on anything and in fact gaining points and less contempt from them as a service instead.
    Agree about Holland and Barrett. I put a big order in and am owed £11.28 just for that order but never paid. I rang Holland and Barrett direct and they said they have nothing to do with it as it is PURELY the cash back company!! I find this a real cop out as they have paid up very small amount is tnhe past but as soon as a larger amount arrives, they decline it. I have had the same with Tesco Direct for Furniture and also Bet Fred.
    Carh:A
  • NeilSt
    NeilSt Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Top cash back have just said they aren't going to payout to me - any advice?
  • I always have a problem with Marks and Spencer. Anyone else have trouble with them?
    travelover
  • Shackeng
    Shackeng Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I am due £63 from Co-op Insurance via Topcashback, and it is now over a year since the purchase. Is this a record?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure