PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Comments

• chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    :wave::wave:Hello to everyone
    Been a little bit busy over the last few days as I am taking my Reiki Level Two Course--- Lots of work, studying and thinking!!

Lovely to see some of our very good friends back we miss you when you are not popping in Pippa S -- Bet Grandson is growing sooo fast - What a lovely summer you are going to have !!

A
    Whilst on the thought of growing fast PSSO Well words fail me how handsome and absolutely gorgeous is Jayden

SGT -- Lovely to see you posting!

ISOM and Shalley lots of love to you both as you struggle with Mums !!

May -- Lovely to see your posts- Hope energy stocks remain a little higher for you.

Kathy-- Hope the sun is shining!

Just lost one post as I went back a page to check previous posts and as I am in the middle of something with the sewing machine will just have to hope I havent missed anyone out

Lappy number 13 -- Cool blues as it is so hot here

IMG_2921.jpg?t=1275916840

!IMG_2925.jpg?t=1275915753
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • k2tog
    k2tog Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Another quick one - should be getting on with dinner.

Those of you who are weak willed (like me :o) or stash busting, close your eyes now...

Readicut have got a pot luck offer on baby bamboo at the moment. £10.87 for 10x50g balls.

Hope poorlies are getting better.
    Gorgeous lappy again Chalky
    He's beautiful Elaine!
    Kick butt ISOM :cool:
    Right, dinner.....
  • sock-knitter
    sock-knitter Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    chalky, love all the lovely shades of blue in your lovely lapghan
    been into town this afternoon, as ds needed to see optician, while i was here, i popped into see my friend who has a wool stall on the inside market, and bought a pretty summer cardigan pattern for myself, and the sirdar calico to knit it with
    k2tog, i only had a quick look at my readicut magazine, and missed the baby bamboo, think i'll order 2 lots, as its so lovely to knit with
    shaz xxx
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    edited 7 June 2010 at 9:27PM
    In haste as must go to bed...left mum at 5.30ish. At last they have confirmed that she has some kind of nasty bug..but dont know what it is yet - querie salmonella but they should know more tomorrow so I was able to leave safe in the knowledge that she will stay in overnight! Happy for her to come home as long as she has right meds! Bless her she really is feeling poorly...cant keep anything down, is on a drip and generally feeling quite frail which she hates. Its funny to see her become more and more like my much loved granny, which in some ways is a comfort as I know she has fighting spirit. Problem is that she is such a fighter and chirpy that they think she is ok but they dont know what she is like normally! Anyway, were going in the right direction at least...
    love the squares chalky!
    Not long until youre home again! Have hedgie wool waiting for you!
    Love the piccies psso! love the cheeky grin thats emerging! LI love it when their wee personalities start to emerge!
    k2g I did kick bottom...but tried to do it nicely!! Think mr young dr and I were friends by end of the night as we gave him a special treat - proof that mum does, indeed, have a very ikky tummy - well how could he resist?!! hehe!! Despite being a hard day we have had some laughs!! Last night she had to have a "rather delicate" examination and the doctor said "squeeze my finger" (meaning with the relavent, local, muscles!)...mum reaches back with her hand to try and reach her hand which was, shall we say, otherwise engaged!!! We all laughed, including doctor with hand in situ!!! Tickled me and prob will for weeks...
    On that note off to bed I go...have that horrible buzzy tiredness/beyond overtired feeling...yuck! sleep tight all and a special hug for poorlies..sorry that the me is bad may...does the weather affect it?
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Ooh, shiny new thread.....:j

I have a confession--- SOMEHOW, I have managed to rescue 500g of Baby Bamboo and 500g of Sirdar Cotton stuff from the lovely people at Readicut. I know sometimes their pot luck stuff can be a bit iffy (I remember last year I ordered a Moonglow PL and received something completely and totally different), but for the price, how could I refuse??? And here I am trying to de-stash....seriously, if anyone is in search of anything, please let me know and will have a looksie for you. I NEED to get rid...it's taking over completely.

I have been lurking...not felt like posting v much for no apparent reason, and I can't remember what the last post I did was about, so here's a big shiny new thread hug to each and everyone, and when I find my brains and my oomph (I am sure they must be in the same place), I will do a proper post.

Have far too many UFO's to contemplate at the moment.,....must sort them, then I might feel as if I am getting somewhere. In amongst are a huge number of hedgies (at least 50), which will split their journey between Chalky when she's back and Lou for LH (though where they will fit with everything heaven only knows). I knwo there are some boobs too, and some cardigans...and some hats....and some teddys....the list goes on!

Anyway, lovely to see you all, and lots of love all round...

Dawn xx

PS\ - did you know that a 4mm crochet hook bounces higher and flies through the air faster than a 5mm one?!?!? I discovered that fascinating fact over the weekend......:mad::mad: STILL can't get the one handed hooking thing! x:rotfl:
    :hello:
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    ptb...did the wool jump into basket? I always think there should be a sign on woolshop doores/websites to cover basket in case of jumping wool...I now have 6 boxes of it but cant seem to match enough for a simple project...very strange!
    Maybe an x file?!!
    N ight night and good to have you back ptb...you have been busy knitting (rather than those of us who have been busy posting lol)...ok must go to bed now or will keel over!! night...
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Good morning all.

PTB - good to have you posting. You've been busy with your needles, haven't you? As for the one-handed hooking thing, it will get better, I promise! What I really hate about crochet hooks is how easily they get mislaid, so much so that I will be buying spares of the ones I use the most when I next visit my favourite wool shop back in the UK!

ISOM - not a very nice 'delicate' examination for your Mum but beautifully described! I think the picture will stay with me for weeks, too! Best of luck to her - she sounds like a lovely character!

Sock-knitter - a friend with a wool store? What luxury! Sorry the boys' visit to the psych didn't seem worth the time - I hope things get better for all of you.

Chalky - your Reiki course sounds interesting!

Well, about four crochet trebles (stitches, not rows!) were accomplished last night before I conked out on the sofa - I hope for more hooky time today. DS2 Skyped last night and little Summer is toddling about all on her own now! She looks so cute because she's only nine months old and just doesn't look old enough to be walking yet! On the other hand, she is late getting her teeth and the first one is just about showing now. Strange how their progress can vary but just as well that, by the time they all start school, everything seems to be in place! She is still full of smiles, though. I will Skype DS1 later to congratulate DGS on the four wickets he took in the cricket match he proudly captained at the weekend - I had a very chuffed-sounding email from him about that, not that I understand what taking wickets means, but it's obviously very important! I also want to wish DGD1 good luck because the choir she's a member of is singing at an important venue. I just love hearing about the various things they do - they all seem to be so busy and, of course, learning all the time.

House-wise, we are still waiting to book a date for the electrician - hopefully this week - to finish off all the electrics that DH has been installing (he can't do the final bit due to being colour-blind!). We need to get that done before we can get on with the plastering in the kitchen. He's doing other jobs in the meanwhile, like replacing a window in an upstairs room. The existing window is an odd size and, without ordering a custom-made one which would be expensive here, he's had to buy a standard one and alter the opening by raising the window sill - all very complicated so I'm glad he's doing it and not me!

I bought some spray paint yesterday for re-painting the old chair I'm doing up - if it's dry and wind-free today, I shall do that out in the garden, which should be fun. I shall, of course, make sure that there are no cats in the vicinity at the time - being painted blue will not impress them very much!

Anyway, off to put the kettle on again. I will try and get the update done today - I need to go back to Part three to start totalling up. I can't believe how many views this new thread has had since it started on Sunday. Please, you lurkers, do come and join us - you will love it here!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning all,
    Thought I would join the thread again.
    Firstly how is everyone ?
    Secondly I cannot post totals any more as silly me only had them on laptop that broke.....so will still be doing the odd charity thing, but won't be reporting totals (unless for a specific thing eg smoothie hats which I still have and can count!).
    x
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• salome
    salome Posts: 352
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi

What a lovely baby :-) awwwww.
    Hi May. Big hugs.
    Nice to have a nice new home to play in :-)
    Life has been very busy. The days just fly by at the moment lol.
    The little bolero is neadly done, now, just need to do the border for the last sleeve. It's very sweet.
    I feel a little annoyed,my 17yr old does some lovely knitting, and has been knitting for a mum at church. Recently, she made the baby a lovely cabled sleevless vest in two colours, it was lovely, and she came home the other day to say the mum's little girl had it on her doll and a lot of what she'd knitted was being used as dolls clothes. I felt that was a bit naughty really, because, especially in the case of the vest, she took a lot of care making that. I asked what had happened to the blanket I'd made and that's being used for the dolls as well, though she does use it for the baby sometimes !!!!! oh well, keeps you humble lol. I told my daughter not to knit for her unless she pays for the wool etc, then it's up to her if she wants to pay for her daughters dolls clothes lol :-)
    Anyway enough of my moans lol.
    Have a blessed and prosperous day. Hugs to all who need them ((((hugs)))) Love you all.

x
    A work in progress :D
  • dpixie
    dpixie Posts: 315 Forumite
    Morning all - its a bit grey and drizzly here - not my favorite type of day. also, i actually have to do some work today! and not house work at that. anyway, if i was silly enough to offer, i should not complain about someone taking up the offer!

Salome - i did have a giggle about your post as MIL made a comment the other day about my crochet for charity. she thought the colours that i used were a bit bright, and did say that she would not mind another hand made pressie for me. when i told her that so many people do not appreciate hand made stuff (thats why i did not end up giving her some of the stuff that i made for her) she was a little disappointed. she suggested that i make her a wrap in a purple colour that i used for charity stuff. oh well, you cannot please everyone! i think you are right in suggesting that if your daughter knits anything else for the lady, she should supply the wool.

isom - hope that your mum is okay after her "examination" - how funny, that did make me laugh this morning. thank you for that - but sorry that its at someone else's expense.

oh well, its time for a coffee and to start doing things on "the list". i am going to have to find another person to take my boxes over to france as the chap that i wanted to use has just told me that he can't collect when i need the stuff collecting, he can only do it 2 weeks before when i will be in france! what a pain.

have a lovely day everyone, thinking of you all

dpixie
    1 oxfam jumper, 19 hexagon jumpers and 1 beanie!
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport