Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Hi

portofcall confirms NDL have a 9-week lead time in this thread. I don't know what stepchange have and every CAB will differ.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72839861#post72839861

I imagine you could screenshot and send them a pdf - that would be the same as printing off a bank statement.

Every organisation differs in internal practice - even CABs differ a bit from each other. There is no definitive list from the Insolvency Service about what evidence is needed.

The bottom line is that you've been found eligible for a £90 scheme that will release you from your debts. It's worth sticking with the process.
  • Thanks for your reply. I called stepchange this morning there waiting time is around 2 weeks, have to call back monday to discuss dro and update my budget to move forward.

Either way its a step in the right direction :j:j
    One of my debts has been passed to a collection agency whilst on a dmp no notification only found out as i called aqua to get an updated balance on my account!! didnt think to let me know.
    :mad:
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,870 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Thanks for your reply. I called stepchange this morning there waiting time is around 2 weeks, have to call back monday to discuss dro and update my budget to move forward.

Either way its a step in the right direction :j:j
    One of my debts has been passed to a collection agency whilst on a dmp no notification only found out as i called aqua to get an updated balance on my account!! didnt think to let me know.
    :mad:

Dont worry about been chased for these debts, debt collection can be a very long process, nothing happens quickly, all they will do is write to you and call you for the foreseeable future.

If it bothers you that much simply write or email them and inform them of your intention to enter a DRO, they will most likely turn there attentions to someone else whose debt they can recover.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Hi again,

Another question.

Upon thinking of thinks im now considering if i sjould wait for a DRO the reason being is that my job ends 31st august and my maternity allowance starts 17th september (probably paid end of sep) so the whole month i have no income.

BUT the end of september to the end of November i will receive MA at 139 a week and CB 20.80 a week. I will be paying nursey fees no more so although im saving 600 nursey fees plus 100 work expenses a month im losing 500 in income, so although im around 100 a month better off i need baby things milk nappies bottles clothes etc with my partner contributing.

Im worried they will see my surplus of being more then 50 a month, come end of november when my baby is born that will be extra cost so im not worried about that, its the month october and november.

So because the waiting time is 9 weeks am i best going ahead and telling them my 2 change of circumstances (end of aug when my job ends no nursey fees, petrol expense less but no income for september) OR the end of November ( when my MA will all be in place and new baby here)

Any advice recommendations would help.

I really dont see my gaining any extra income at all due to me needing baby items.

Thanks in advance x
  • Also to add as i will not be working i will also lose the 116 a month tax credit childcare element, so perhaps ive answered my own question il be down atleast 650 a month.
  • Hi just a quick question but my dro was paid and processed on Monday afternoon around 5, by StepChange, I have called them and they haven't heard anything back yet, and I'm not on the register yet?
    Is this normal because I put my application in so late on Monday does it count as Tuesday?? I'm worried as I have bailiffs wanting to come in and take my possessions and I need this dro to be approved and I'm worried it won't be!? ����
  • I wouldn't worry i think its 48 to 72 hours once submitted, should be on tomorrow. Stepchange wouldnt of processes it if they beleive you wasnt eligable.
  • Ok still not on the register today, I just spoke to StepChange and they haven't heard anything back yet either :-/ will they be told if it's rejected??! Agh this feels like it's taking forever, just need to know either way! So stressful:-/
  • Can they not chase it up? let us know how u get on, daunting isnt it, sure you will be fine x
  • They just told me when they know they will try to contact me? They didn't have any other advice for me :-/
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback