bankruptcy and mobile phone upgrade

Options
hi all

i'm with EE, my contract expired aboyut 4 months into bankruptcy and i dropped down to sim only-which was cheaper than the previous arrangement, so no issues there, happily been using the phone and paying monthly as I have all my life

I now need an upgrade as the phone is packing up a bit-this will put me back onto a contract and a slightly increased monthly cost-would this mean a credit check, and consequently me not being able to upgrade, continue paying monthly etc?

my recollection from a thread a while back is that it is unlikely they would run a check, I've been with Orange/EE for 20 years and always paid on time-

thanks

Comments

• worriedmamma
    Options
    Hi London, hope alls well, long time no type!

I have upgraded 2 mobile contracts in my bankrupt year with 3 network, telling them i am bankrupt and they have been fine. X
  • london1973
    london1973 Posts: 448 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks WM! I've been lurking about a bit in the shadows with the very occasional post!

Positive response, anyone have any experience with EE specifically?
  • philnicandevan
    Options
    Upgrades are fine....its new contracts that are an issue as these are credit checked as with most providers.
    Not quite a newbie as you think ;);) (the member formally known as philnicandamy!)

FINALLY a qualified CAB debt caseworker 2015..:p
    BSC 58 :D
  • london1973
    Options
    cheers-it is in a sense a new contract as i've dropped into Sim only recently-as previous contract ran its course-now need a new phone so need to jump back into a contract?
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm with EE - have 2 phones on contract - never been a problem to upgrade at all - never even mentioned BR. That said EE were not a creditor and in 15 years (previously with orange) I've never missed a payment so I reckon on their own customer system - I've been a good and loyal customer and more importantly - low risk.
  • london1973
    Options
    Thanks Gardener-that's very helpful, mirrors my situation so will proceed with upgrade!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure