Ground Source Heat Pumps

Comments

• Hi, I agree from that experiment that the sensors are fine. That was worth doing IMHO to rule that out. For the problem to exist on DHW and CH then logically it can only be one of a few internal things I would think. Condenser, pipe work to condenser or the p2 pump. If it was compressor or evaporator I think the problem would show in the gt10 gt11 or gt6, but I'd defer to lovesgshp as he knows 100 times more than me.
  • lovesgshp
    lovesgshp Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I am also thinking that this could be the the circulating pump problem. You need to go into the service/installer menu and manual operation of all functions.
    Set the pump speed at 1, and feel for the vibration, then after a minute or so to 2 for the same check, which should be slightly more and then to 3.
    If all those increase, then it could be the second grundfoss pump that is restricting the flow.
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
  • lovesgshp
    DW.
    Just had a answer regarding your problem from our senior engineer. Have pasted his reply below. Have not edited his English, but think it is clear enough:

best to do a manual operating check. it is the P2 pump or prrabably the 3 way valve.
    press menu for 10 seconds. you go to installar service menu. go in menu 5 and there to manual operation. check if P2 on the left side is running unscrewing the front dot. if yes go to the three way valve and see if the level is moving under manaulmode. in my opinion it is the 3 way

I know about Ice Energy.
    I know that a new firm is going to be refounded that will work with IVT hp; in the meanwhile we can give full support to your contacts.
  • DeeWestern
    DeeWestern Posts: 117 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If by level on the 3 way valve we mean the red dot that rotates, we have looked at this before and seem to have ruled it out.

Which bit of the 3 way valve should be unscrewed?

PS Please pass on my thanks to him!
  • lovesgshp
    edited 20 April 2017 at 2:23PM
    By the dot he means the central part of the P2 pump, where there is a screw you can open to bleed air etc. So you can check if the pump vanes are turning, as they do sometimes stick, just by putting in a screwdriver and seeing if they move freely.
    I will thank him for you and it is good that he is also willing to help IVT users as well after IceEnergy. Could not get him to set up a UK base though.

Without me looking back, is your 3 way valve a LK unit?
  • lovesgshp
    DW:
    If P2 seems ok, then I do suggest also that you change the 3 way valve. The last readings you gave, look to being on a DHW setting, although they were heating.
    One of my clients also had a problem, as his floors were getting too hot.
    It could be the electronic part of the valve is not fully opening the manual side although it seems to be from the test.
    Let me know the full model number from your existing valve and I will let you know the LK model, Otherwise Beardy may be able to help, with where to obtain. Plumbers took mine as otherwise you could have had it and just paid the postage!!!
    Changeover is about 20 mins or so with the sidepanel removed.
  • beardymarrow
    beardymarrow Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 April 2017 at 10:38PM
    lovesgshp wrote: »
    DW:
    If P2 seems ok, then I do suggest also that you change the 3 way valve. The last readings you gave, look to being on a DHW setting, although they were heating.
    One of my clients also had a problem, as his floors were getting too hot.
    It could be the electronic part of the valve is not fully opening the manual side although it seems to be from the test.
    Let me know the full model number from your existing valve and I will let you know the LK model, Otherwise Beardy may be able to help, with where to obtain. Plumbers took mine as otherwise you could have had it and just paid the postage!!!
    Changeover is about 20 mins or so with the sidepanel removed.

I had the lk525 emv110-m 230v fitted by ice. Any plumber would be able to supply and do it as it comes with the same plug as the old one, so no wiring needs to be done. Mine was supplied and fitted by ice under warranty, but that's obviously not an option any more.

2u6px5c.jpg
  • lovesgshp
    Make sure you change the whole unit and not just the electronic part.
  • lovesgshp
    Any updates DW? Have you, or are you going to change the 3 way valve?
  • DeeWestern
    DeeWestern Posts: 117 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry lovesgshp, life is getting in the way - will let you know what happens :)

Everything works fine other than the bloody beeping so not the top of the to-do list!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback