Options
1414243444547»

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    thanks Hester
    the quilt sounds a lovely project, perhaps you could do some dying of what you have to give some variety using naturally foraged or round the home things?

That's a great idea!
    Or ask friends and family for any spare sheets past their best. Often the middle goes bobbly but all the edges are great resource
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    this weekend I have mostly been making curtains, & curtains, and more curtains for a camper, this followed the mountains of seat cushions that I was doing last week for it. pics when it gets finished which I hope it soon...
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    this weekend I have mostly been making curtains, & curtains, and more curtains for a camper, this followed the mountains of seat cushions that I was doing last week for it. pics when it gets finished which I hope it soon...

I sympathise!
    I have been asked to do this several times in the past.
    The curtains are more tedious than anything but the cushions are usually all different sizes and so more awkward!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    I sympathise!
    I have been asked to do this several times in the past.
    The curtains are more tedious than anything but the cushions are usually all different sizes and so more awkward!

Definitely tedious but a necessary job in the semi partnership i'm in with a good friend for camper conversions, he brings the wood/metal working i'm bringing the soft furnishings.
    I'm getting somewhat nervous about whether the overhead track i've bought it actually going to be able to cope with the weight of the cab and door curtains :/
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • givememoney
    givememoney Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I bought some material to make DGD a dress. I bought too much so decided to try to get hold of a doll and make the doll a matching dress. Anyway the sort of doll I wanted e.g. one that stands up with hair no clothes is a thing of the past. All the dolls now seem to be theme types. I hunted ebay and charity shops with no luck. Then finally have got one off of ebay. Just what a want new, but vintage with shoes and pants only. The dress is made just need to do dolly's one once it arrives.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I bought some material to make DGD a dress. I bought too much so decided to try to get hold of a doll and make the doll a matching dress. Anyway the sort of doll I wanted e.g. one that stands up with hair no clothes is a thing of the past. All the dolls now seem to be theme types. I hunted ebay and charity shops with no luck. Then finally have got one off of ebay. Just what a want new, but vintage with shoes and pants only. The dress is made just need to do dolly's one once it arrives.

Butterick sell matching patterns for little girls and their dolls!
  • givememoney
    givememoney Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    Butterick sell matching patterns for little girls and their dolls!

Thank you I'll bear that in mind.

I did make make my daughter a dress and one for her cabbage patch doll in the distant past from a pattern like that also made one for her friends cabbage patch to. This time I'll have to make my own pattern for dolly.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Trix-a-belle I have sent you a pm, would like to pick your brains a little please.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure