Transfer Virgin ISA to Post Office, what sort code and what account?

Anyone done this?

On the online form for the application for the Post Office ISA it makes you choose an ISA provider to transfer in from, and there are two choices for Virgin:

-Virgin Money
&
- Virgin Money Transfers In

So which to choose?

So I tried selecting the Virgin Money option, and then it asks for account number, sort code and roll number.

My account number is easy. I searched for ages for a sort code, and tried 08-60-64 and I can't find a roll number anywhere.

Anyway if wont let me submit the form as it says these Virgin ISA account details are not valid?

Any ideas?

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,596 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Have you read the threads about post office ISAs?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Your account number is a roll number.
    If you put it in the right box you don't need sort code or account number.

Not obvious but these systems are designed to work otherwise they wouldn't be making any money. OK so it could be better designed but i find it helpful to assume it works and that i am just doing it wrong.
  • hgt
    hgt Posts: 329 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My question would be why you would want to move from Virgin to the Post Office anyway!

Virgin are generally well regarded whereas Post office are.... well.... not! I'm not aware the the post office offer any better ISA products than Virgin anyway.
  • bunny71
    bunny71 Posts: 95 Forumite
    Your account number is a roll number.
    If you put it in the right box you don't need sort code or account number.
    No, account number and roll number are entirely different.

A roll number is used by building societies. They also allocate an account number.

In the OP's case, Virgin Money is a bank so won't have a roll number, so can safely leave that blank on the form.

Post Office has been offering a higher rate than Virgin on easy access ISA for some time, so can understand OP wanting to switch. I've considered it myself, but rejected it due to Post Office's inability to accept deposits via online banking from an external UK bank.
  • northwest1965
    northwest1965 Posts: 2,058 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Virgin have reduced the rate to 1.11% today for Cash Isa. PO is 1.4%
    Loved our trip to the West Coast USA. Death Valley is the place to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure