Anyone tried Paint Runner?

Comments

• I bought one of these i agree they are not worth the £30+ but they are good for walls made doing the staircase a doddle, not very good on ceilings a bit heavy if you fill it up.
  • EthelBloggs
    EthelBloggs Posts: 2,740 Forumite
    misgrace wrote: »
    My informants have told me that sometime next year, a company is bringing out the dogs doodahs in an easy to use new paint system.
    I cant say at this time what it actually is,or who it is by, but if it comes off, and the trials seems to be looking good, then rollers will be a thing of the past.

I prefer rollers, being a P&D I use every type of roller, and if you do the job right with the right roller, you can get a really professional finish, but hearing about this new system and what it does sounds quite impressive.:D

oooh, has this new thing been released yet and if so what is it and did it live up to expectations?? :D
    ☆ §ügÅr cØÅTëÐ pØï§Øn ☆
    Murphys no more pies club Member #41 :dance:
    12 stone down! :j
    Tiff Appreciation Society Member #2

• cheeks
    cheeks Posts: 211 Forumite
    misgrace wrote: »
    My informants have told me that sometime next year, a company is bringing out the dogs doodahs in an easy to use new paint system.
    I cant say at this time what it actually is,or who it is by, but if it comes off, and the trials seems to be looking good, then rollers will be a thing of the past.

I prefer rollers, being a P&D I use every type of roller, and if you do the job right with the right roller, you can get a really professional finish, but hearing about this new system and what it does sounds quite impressive.:D

Sounds good! Has it been released yet? If not i was wondering whether a 'Paint Runner' or 'Easy Painter' were any good or which is best?
    If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed back out?:rotfl:
  • hilaryjp
    hilaryjp Posts: 8 Forumite
    gingerbits wrote: »
    I bought one and found it impossible to fill without making a horrible mess - though it might be easier with two people - I threw it away and went back to my slow but manageable brush

Yes it is messy to fill as you have to use the measuring jug and special paint.

I have emailed Silkin, who distribute this but have never once (I have emailed 3 times) received a reply.

I am going back to the old fashioned way :confused:

Hilary
  • wywywywy
    wywywywy Posts: 133 Forumite
    Well, Dulux has just released a newly invented paint system, named PaintPod, so I guess this is what Misgrace was talking about last year. It looks quite intuitive, costs about £70-ish which I can accept if it REALLY is as good as the ad says. Still needs to do the corners with a brush though.

http://www.dulux.co.uk/products/paintpod/index.jsp

Make sure you check their vid out.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I saw the paintpod on TV.
    I've had my eye on "using a system" for years (since I last tried painting) and I will definitely get/use something when I next have to paint a whole room/ceiling/house.

I saw one programme once where they had two walls on the stage and a professional decorator. They got a tiny granny from the audience and gave her some form of automated paint to brush systems and raced them. Tiny, slow granny finished first against young, fit, pro decorator man.

It convinced me. That was a daytime TV show, not an advert.

Overall the PaintPod looks better than anything before. I like the idea it says it's self-cleaning. But, note, you can't use any paint in it - has to be their special (so limited colour range) paint.
  • Kimitatsu
    Kimitatsu Posts: 3,894 Forumite
    I have recently taken the plunge and bought a paint pod and I have to say its really good!

We have a large old house with high ceiliings and it saves loads of time not having to fill the roller and climb up and down the ladder! The self cleaning function really does work - that was the bit I was sceptical about but I was really suprised! It comes as a complete system so comes not only with the pod, but a really good brush to cut into the corners etc, and also has a pause function for when you need a tea break!

Down sides are that the paint range is limited but that will improve with time, and that some parts of the pod need to be changed every 50 litres of paint.
    Free/impartial debt advice: Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) | National Debtline | Find your local CAB
  • she_grinch
    she_grinch Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    It actually works like it says on the ad, quick and easy to use. There was no paint splashes from roller either. .The system takes about 10 mins to clean it's self and there is no mess. No splashes of paint on the sink, tiles and surrounding areas which usually result after flicking the roller to clean water out. Though there is a limited range of paint colours at the moment this will increase in time as it's popularity grows.
    Pucker up and kiss it Whoville! - The Grinch:kiss:
  • hilaryjp
    hilaryjp Posts: 8 Forumite
    I am going to buy a Paint Pod and hire it out. It can only be 100% better than Paint Runner.

Selkin never reply to calls:(

Hilary
  • Purchased a Paint Runner and used it once. Didn't appear to be too bad. HOWEVER, IT IS USELESS!!! Truly. Used it once. Cleaned it, using tons of water, soaked it for three days and my poor husband just tried to use it and the covering is hard. Not so much a Paint Runner as a Paint Still Trying to Runner! Horrible. We are going to return it to Coopers of Stortford as 'not being fit for purpose' and if we don't get a full refund, not only will I be complaining her again but we will go to trading standards. Not worth the money. Back to the old paint brush and roller. Faster, easier to use, no waste of paint etc. Do I sound really, really grumpy. Sure hope so as I am just furious that this product is so poor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure