PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

£7.00 per week - menu ideas

Comments

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Save_Dosh wrote: »
    quintwins i agree with your list totally, with a few exceptions. I don't like any cheap teabags - wish i did, as i go through gallons of the stuff. Value salad cream is not very nice, but the mayonnaise is fine. We use persil liquid for laundry, but did used to buy a box of bio powder to soak grill pans etc. Have also bought value sausage rolls (the 8 pack) and they were fine. The ham is ok, but for a slight bit xtra i find the tulip one better. Not too keen on the crisps, but then i usually buy them from AF or similar. And finally, chips, the value ones are okish, you get a few bad bits on them, but i find for 20p more the 2kg country house steakhouse chips are lovely.

I acually use the salad cream aswell but i only use it in sandwichs, lidl do the nicest mayo ever :), i also use value red sauce for the kids as a treat (i hate the stuff) and brown sauce.

I don't mind the value chips i do tend to throw a few away because there abit black but i'm talking maybe 5 from the whole bag, i'm getting chips today so i'll see if they have those ones in my store.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 September 2012 at 12:23PM
    yes i buy the red sauce, its nice and i bought the fish in batter on your recommendation and will defo buy another time this is the link to the chips im talking about - they are a larger pack than the value ones http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=259442348

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Save_Dosh wrote: »
    yes i buy the red sauce, its nice and i bought the fish in batter on your recommendation and will defo buy another time this is the link to the chips im talking about - they are a larger pack than the value ones http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=259442348

The fish really is ok, my hubby was very impressed with it given the price, i think your thinking of the oven chips, i buy the fry chips which come in a 2.2kg bags i can't remeber the exact price but i think there around £1.35 there more like fries than chunky chips.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • tell you what are really good, value tortilla chips, and as has already been said the value cleaning stuff is brill ( I use either Tesco or WIlko...around the same price)
  • just wanted to say this is a really useful thread. i'm currently trying to trim my outgoings and this has given me loads of ideas

thanks y'all
    Mortgage May 2012 - £129k
    January 2015 - Mortgage down to £114k
    Target for 2015 to get down to £105k
  • quintwins wrote: »
    The fish really is ok, my hubby was very impressed with it given the price, i think your thinking of the oven chips, i buy the fry chips which come in a 2.2kg bags i can't remeber the exact price but i think there around £1.35 there more like fries than chunky chips.
    They are oven chips, but supposedly you can fry oven chips - i have never done it and would not want to put you wrong - if you can - im sure they would come out nice, as they are really chunky and seem to be good quality potatoes.
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    edited 6 September 2012 at 1:20PM
    Aldi today had frozen bags of corn on the cob for 49p and mexican honey reduced from £1.99 to 99p
    Forgot to add they also have sweetcorn, hamburger and onion relishes at 29p a jar
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Butterfly thanks will check that 2moz when i go - does anyone know when their special 6 (or whatever the veg specials are called) ends and are they 49p as some said - cant seem to load their website properly on my computer.
  • Save Dosh,

Aldi supersix this week are cucumbers, tomatoes, beetroot, avocados, radishes and new potatoes.

I love supersix. We do our shop and menu plan on a sunday and i'm always trying to find out what its going to be on the weeks that it changes so I can plan the menu around it. We buy other fruit and veg as well, but i try to base at least a couple of meals off of the supersix.:j
  • Fairyprincesssk Thnks - i like all that, with the exception of the raddishes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure