Sky subscription "credit crunch" offer

I was subscribing to the 6 mixes but realised I only ever watched the Variety mix which contains Sky1, E4, UK Gold etc. So I range to cancel my subscription and was asked why. "Made redundant and trying to cut costs," say I. Then he asked questions like, "what made you subscribe to those channels in the first place?"

He then said Sky have a special offer for people suffering from the "credit crunch". You can choose 1 mix and pay just £3 a month for the next 3 months. I snapped his hand off!

Official MoneySavingExpert.com forum insert:

If you try this, do please let us know how you got on by posting below. Thanks :)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• TBeckett100
    TBeckett100 Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    so you rang to cancel what you didnt watch, only to pay a reduced amount for what you don't watch. I don't think you snapped his hand off.
  • dipsy
    dipsy Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    1 mix is normally £17.00

so worth looking at if you want to save £14.00 a month for 3 months - If I am reading this correct???

Good spot if that is the case, thanks
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
    2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
    total so far for 09 £92.99
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    I got movies for £3 a month for 3 months because I wanted to cancel them too. We did not watch that many films to warrant paying £15 a month but £3 is OK. I can cancel it after the 3 months is up. If you cancel and you have a sky+ box, anything that you have taped from the channels you no longer have to view (in our case movies) will be deleted from your Sky+ box!!
  • Mandles
    Mandles Posts: 4,121 Forumite
    They rung and offered me a load of extra mixes for £1 more for 6 months. I was a new customer and only wanted sky 1 which i had so i think it is something that they are doing.
  • They're able to give you an offer every six months, so I'd make a note in your diary and ring them every six months to see what they can offer you.
  • Hi there
    Just noticed your thread, I tried to cancell 2mixes plus Sports mix end July. They offered me a discount of £25 per month for 3 months for same package.
    Regards
  • cifpower wrote: »
    I was subscribing to the 6 mixes but realised I only ever watched the Variety mix which contains Sky1, E4, UK Gold etc. So I range to cancel my subscription and was asked why. "Made redundant and trying to cut costs," say I. Then he asked questions like, "what made you subscribe to those channels in the first place?"

He then said Sky have a special offer for people suffering from the "credit crunch". You can choose 1 mix and pay just £3 a month for the next 3 months. I snapped his hand off!

I got this deal as well but have free broadband and free calls anytime included. So including bt line rental I am paying £14 for all three for three months. Didn't think I could get it much cheaper so accepted the offer.
  • I have a much cheaper offer, save yourself all the money by cancelling. Sky is over rated and expensive, cancelled mine twelve months ago and can honestly say we dont miss it at all.
  • Good for you :)

Most people that posting in these threads, however, DO want Sky!

Couldn't live without the football, myself, the kids love Playhouse Disney & others, and the mrs loves all sorts of womens channels and the music.

I would much prefer to get rid of 1 - 5 (or at least BBC) and save myself money on the TV liscence if that was possible! Much more expensive, per channel!
  • Tripledrop wrote: »
    Good for you :)

Most people that posting in these threads, however, DO want Sky!

Couldn't live without the football, myself, the kids love Playhouse Disney & others, and the mrs loves all sorts of womens channels and the music.

I would much prefer to get rid of 1 - 5 (or at least BBC) and save myself money on the TV liscence if that was possible! Much more expensive, per channel!

i am with you on that...i dont mind paying for channels i choose to watch..i do mind paying a licence fee for channels i dont choose to watch
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure