XSpender Speeds it Up - £0 to £60k in 27 months

Comments

• XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I arrived back last night from a couple of days away and now have 2 days working from home as an appointment has cancelled at the last minute. I will fit in a gym visit each day, tidy up a bit and do the food shop as DH has left me a dribble of milk this morning:eek: Will get some work done too ;)

I have spent a few pounds on food when travelling this week which is unusual as I usually take more with me but didn't have much in.

C0stco have my usual bottles of ready made protein shake on offer this week which are a good standby so will stock up on those. They also have chicken on offer and the gift we want for DM and DSD for Christmas so will pop there on Sunday as DH is out with his friends on Saturday.

I have checked the mortgage balance and I need an extra £351 on top of the OPs I am making by SO to get under £117k by the end of the year. I will bag up the change pots and get that paid in tomorrow, do a TT today (first one in months :)) and transfer the £10 saving from DH SW 12 week membership to make a start.

Aldee have running gear in from today so I may go there for my weekly shop as I could do with some more leggings and a couple of long sleeved tops.

I am aiming for an eight mile run this weekend which will be the longest I have done in 5 years:eek:

I feel a to do list coming on for the rest of this week.......
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • XSpender
    I've counted up the 2 money boxes and I have £107 in coins to overpay:D What a mucky job counting coins is.

With the TT and SW savings this morning I am already over a third of the way towards my mini challenge :j I'm not sure where the rest will come from though:rotfl:
  • XSpender
    edited 18 October 2015 at 8:08PM
    I will be amazed if I get this lot done by Sunday night but it does all need doing!

1. [STRIKE]Pay coins into bank[/STRIKE] Done
    2. [STRIKE]All work to be up to date as WFH Friday[/STRIKE] Done
    3. [STRIKE]Change manicure appointment to Sunday[/STRIKE] Done
    4. [STRIKE]Eyelash/brow tint (my mascara always ends up under my eyes adding to my bags and it’s half price this week @ £7.50 for both so I thought I would try it)[/STRIKE] Done and I'm pleased with the results
    5. [STRIKE]Swimming lesson for DS[/STRIKE] Done
    6. [STRIKE]Food shop[/STRIKE] Done
    7. Separate trip to 1c3land for SW ready meals for DH
    8. Gym – me x 1Done (would like to do 2 but will struggle to fit 2 in), DH x 2 no visits for DH
    9. [STRIKE]8 mile run[/STRIKE] Done 8.6 miles :D
    10. DS homework and reading - done once :o
    11. [STRIKE]Put ironing away from last week[/STRIKE] Done
    12. [STRIKE]Laundry[/STRIKE] Doneand ironing for this week
    13. [STRIKE]Sort out my wardrobe and fill new drawers[/STRIKE]Done
    14. Hoover everywhere bedrooms and landing done
    15. Dust everywhere - upstairs done
    16. Bathroom – clean and mop floor, wash down skirting
    17. Kitchen – tidy dining table area, keep it clean (DMIL cleaned it yesterday:A) done and mop floor
    18. [STRIKE]Clean interior of my car ready to swap for new one next week:j [/STRIKE](not until week after now but car is newer edition)
    19. Wash our duvet (splits in two so fits in washer)
    20. Costco – protein shake, chicken , Christmas gift - found gift cheaper on amaz0n, ran out of time
    21. Gas and electric comparison and change to new tariff via TCB
    22. [STRIKE]Charge fitbit (when I find it:o)[/STRIKE] Done and aim for 12k steps a day excluding runs/gym on Sat and Sun
    23. Possibly order some Christmas gifts for DS - Decided to wait a bit
    24. Find my house keys:eek:
  • Good luck, and I hope the super focused new diary helps you to achieve your goals!
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • XSpender
    Thank you SSS.

I haven't achieved much today, stressful meeting yesterday and 5 hour drive home have wiped me out :( Good news is that my job will continue for at least another year and I received good feedback on a project I have been working on following yesterday's meeting.:)

I will get dressed in my gym gear and go straight to the gym after dropping DS at breakfast club in the morning. Aiming for a 40 minute run and 20/30 minute swim.

DS has done his spelling homework this evening, 5 out of 5 :T He had a 'story' at bedtime where I read him some of his 'how your body works' book. He much prefers non fiction to the pile of David Walliams and Horrid Henry he has on his shelf!

I have £25 ready for pay out on TCB but I am having problems accessing my account and struggling to get it resolved!:eek:
  • XSpender
    WFH today. All paid work done and squeezed a quick half hour run at the gym and nipped to the bank.

I have had my eyebrows and eyelashes tinted and I am really pleased with the results. It was a half price offer so I will see if I like it enough to pay full price next month.

I have been looking at next month's budget and things are going to be tight. DH has a stag do abroad which he will need spending money for, his watch is in for a service (expensive watch so the service cost is :eek:) and we could do with making a start on Christmas. I may have to reduce November's OP but will be able to make it up from bonuses before the end of the year. The monthly payments to the savings accounts will still be paid. I will carry on with my mini £351 target though from odds and ends, TT and TCB. I do have some money put aside for DH watch and a little towards Christmas but haven't really made a start on buying gifts yet except for DH who has had his present early (a coat) so he can wear it when he is away.

DH is out all day tomorrow with a few friends. DS has a swimming lesson and DFIL has bought him a new DVD so that will keep him busy in the morning while I do the housework and laundry. He wants to build a rocket in the afternoon!
  • XSpender
    My problem with TCB has been sorted out so I have requested a pay out of £24.07 which I will OP when it hits my account. I have added to the mini challenge total in my sig.

I have had a good sort out of my wardrobe and have half a bag of clothes, shoes and costume jewellery for the charity shop.

I need some fresh air so DS and I are going to go to 1c3land for DH SW RM and nip to aldee for some beer for DH, smoky bacon for tonight's pasta and a look at the running gear.

I want to get the dusting, hovering and washing done today as I expect I will be too cream crackered for much after my run tomorrow. DH can do the small pile of ironing and the bathroom while he nurses his hangover:rotfl:
  • XSpender
    XSpender wrote: »
    I will be amazed if I get this lot done by Sunday night but it does all need doing!

1. [STRIKE]Pay coins into bank[/STRIKE] Done
    2. [STRIKE]All work to be up to date as WFH Friday[/STRIKE] Done
    3. [STRIKE]Change manicure appointment to Sunday[/STRIKE] Done
    4. [STRIKE]Eyelash/brow tint (my mascara always ends up under my eyes adding to my bags and it’s half price this week @ £7.50 for both so I thought I would try it)[/STRIKE] Done and I'm pleased with the results
    5. [STRIKE]Swimming lesson for DS[/STRIKE] Done
    6. [STRIKE]Food shop[/STRIKE] Done
    7. Separate trip to 1c3land for SW ready meals for DH
    8. Gym – me x 1Done (would like to do 2 but will struggle to fit 2 in), DH x 2 no visits for DH
    9. [STRIKE]8 mile run[/STRIKE] Done 8.6 miles :D
    10. DS homework and reading - done once :o
    11. [STRIKE]Put ironing away from last week[/STRIKE] Done
    12. [STRIKE]Laundry[/STRIKE] Doneand ironing for this week
    13. [STRIKE]Sort out my wardrobe and fill new drawers[/STRIKE]Done
    14. Hoover everywhere bedrooms and landing done
    15. Dust everywhere - upstairs done
    16. Bathroom – clean and mop floor, wash down skirting
    17. Kitchen – tidy dining table area, keep it clean (DMIL cleaned it yesterday:A) done and mop floor
    18. [STRIKE]Clean interior of my car ready to swap for new one next week:j [/STRIKE](not until week after now but car is newer edition)
    19. Wash our duvet (splits in two so fits in washer)
    20. Costco – protein shake, chicken , Christmas gift - found gift cheaper on amaz0n, ran out of time
    21. Gas and electric comparison and change to new tariff via TCB
    22. [STRIKE]Charge fitbit (when I find it:o)[/STRIKE] Done and aim for 12k steps a day excluding runs/gym on Sat and Sun
    23. Possibly order some Christmas gifts for DS - Decided to wait a bit
    24. Find my house keys:eek:

I haven't done so well on my to do list this week :o

I will go for a swim on the way back from work tomorrow and also run the vac around downstairs. DH will got to the gym in the evening and DS can do his spelling practice then.

Tuesday I will go to Iceland for DH. I will have to try and find him something SW friendly tomorrow or he will end up spending £5 on lunch!

DS has had a cough all week and I am feeling like he has passed it on to me tonight :(
  • XSpender
    I appear to have lost my voice:eek: Which in my line of work is a bit of a problem, good job I have no appointments tomorrow but I will still need to talk on the phone! Paras and an early night for me.

DH thinks I am overtraining as I have a big race in about 6 weeks but I think I have caught something off DS who has been coughing all last week. I hope it clears up soon as I tend to get a bad chest when I get any kind of cold and I don't want to be too ill to train or race. I am hoping to do 10 miles this weekend.

I have had a look at our YBAB budget for next month and should be able to make a £200 OP and make up the rest of my OP December. I will still make the savings to the ISA and regular saver as the interest rate is higher on these than on my mortgage.
  • XSpender
    I am feeling much better today even if I do sound like I smoke 60/day!

WFH until tomorrow afternoon then 2 busy days of travelling including flying which, even when it's the same time zone, always tires me out.

Plans for this week:
    • Get up to date with housework
    • Get up to date with ironing
    • Meal plan to minimise food spends for rest of month
    • Small food shop at weekend and RM from Iceland
    • Energy comparison and change supplier
    • Car to be valeted
    • Run 10 miles
    • 2 training runs or swim
    • Wash duvets

I have had a quick look at G&E comparison and the best price is with a new energy company I have never heard of so I am unsure if the £250 saving will come back to bite me in the bum. I will talk to DH about it tonight.

Right, lunch eaten so back to work as I am picking DS up from school and then taking him back 2 hours later for a Disco. He's only 5 :smileyhea:dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills