Reclaimed packaged Bank Account Charges

Thank you MSE ... I used your online template (Resolver) to contact Lloyds and within five days they had deposited £1653.02 back into my account. Result! I am delighted ...and no hassle or questions asked either!:T

Comments

• I too used resolver to make a claim on my Lloyds Premier account. I got back £2640.64 mine took 4 days only.
  • Hi, How far back did you claim? Thanks.
  • How far back did you claim with Lloyds? Thanks
  • I used the tool to reclaim some money, but a year later and I have not heard a thing.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I used the tool to reclaim some money, but a year later and I have not heard a thing.

In which case, it hasnt worked. The resolver tool is not foolproof. We are seeing posts on this forum that show firms are not getting some or all the data.

A bank would respond in writing within a few days of you making the complaint. Basically, an acknowledgement letter that repeats your complaint as they see it back to you so you know they understand the complaint. it also tells you what happens next and gives you the FOS leaflet on complaints.

Then some weeks later you will either have a response or a holding letter saying they need more time. Then you get an outcome letter telling you their decision.

If you have had nothing, it suggests they did not get your complaint.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I have a quick question, I filled out the form on resolver, got a reply from RBS that said I upgraded my account last year, which I did for the free travel insurance but my gripe was that they sold the account to me to get a better loan rate several years ago. I was tied into the loan until earlier this year. Has anyone had a similar experience? They say since I upgraded my account I was not missold the account in the first place. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do next??
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have a quick question, I filled out the form on resolver, got a reply from RBS that said I upgraded my account last year, which I did for the free travel insurance but my gripe was that they sold the account to me to get a better loan rate several years ago. I was tied into the loan until earlier this year. Has anyone had a similar experience? They say since I upgraded my account I was not missold the account in the first place. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do next??

Changing bank account type is a trigger for the timebar clock. If they cannot timebar it because it wasnt long enough ago, then it can be a good reason to reject a complaint as it shows you know other options exist.

Its hard to see what your complaint is about. You took it out to get a lower loan rate. So, you have financially benefitted from the PBA.

Remember there is nothing wrong with having packaged bank accounts. The FOS only uphold around 1 in 10 complaints about them (although thats largely due to the banks being able to timebar so many complaints). You have used the benefits of a packaged bank account. So, whilst that does not prevent you from complaining, it does reduce the chances of success on a complaint. You then changed the bank account to get travel insurance indicating you know exactly how packaged bank accounts work.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Yes they told me if I took the royalties account then I would get a better rate on my loan, but it ended up costing me more since the little I saved in interest I more than paid for the privilege of having a royalties account. Also I have NEVER used the benefits of said account until last year when it was cheaper short term to upgrade the account to royalties gold than it was to get worldwide travel insurance. I am not expecting anything to come of this if truth be told, I have banked with RBS for almost 20 years and they have never once helped me when I have needed it.
  • Also I have NEVER used the benefits of said account until last year
    A contradiction, surely?

You never used the account benefits until you did; but that means you used them and can't complain you didn't!:eek:
  • Wasn't worded correctly, I never used the benefits of the old account, prior to the upgrade
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback