Finally found the strength to get debt free 💪

Comments

• Angela84
    Angela84 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My little 2yr old daughter woke up at 3am and now I've been unable to get back to sleep so spent an hour on here jointing challenges and reading diaries, it seriously helps to stay motivated and focused and excited about this journey!
    Have set myself a target of 5 nsd's by the end of August and also a £100 clothes budget for myself and the 5 children for the rest of 2017. I know I need a new coat but that's it I think!
    I loath buying clothes for myself and my capsule winter wardrobe is ready and the children only ever get hand me downs so I'm hoping I can stick to that! Nanny treats them to their new school shoes each year too.

So a couple of hours and I'll get up and start getting ready for this hen party. I put lots of coconut oil on my hair last night before bed so I'll wash that out and it'll be all lovely and soft for the weekend :o

Am also looking forward to next week, only 2 weeks left of summer hols, has gone so fast! If the weather is nice I'd like to visit some parks and have some picnics with friends.
    LBM January 2017 £34k will have paid back finally by my DFD May 2021
    got my first store card on my 18th birthday, never known a life without the grey cloud of debt looming over me. 18yrs and the end is finally in sight 🤩
  • Angela84
    Well hen party went well, I stayed pretty sensible (and boring) and didn't use my card, only used the cash I brought.
    Also has made me a little bit more body positive as well, something I struggle with after 5 children but I've been trying to feel better about my funnily shaped body nowadays and just chatting with similar mums has helped me get closer to accepting that perfect body I'm mourning doesn't really matter or even really exist after children!

Off this morning for breakfast and a swim, and then driving home. Hoping for my first nsd today after I joined the challenge yesterday.
    got my first store card on my 18th birthday, never known a life without the grey cloud of debt looming over me. 18yrs and the end is finally in sight 🤩
  • Angela84
    Aw was so close to a nsd and then I went the wrong way on the stupid motorway, thus taking us 1hr out of our way, meaning we ran out of petrol and I had to stop and fill up. Bummer.

Better luck tomorrow!

A nice thing happened during the hen when the Hen asked me a be a bridesmaid, which is lovely and exciting. I started to look for the dress she wants me to wear and I found a lady on eBay selling my size for a lot less than in the shop, brand new! I'll try and find some shoes to borrow and I'm sorted!

Looking forward to a very low spendy week this week! Suns out funs out but purse is not coming out!
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 9,988 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Wow - a bargain! Congrats on being asked, you'll have a wonderful time. Shame about the extra petrol but these things happen.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Angela84
    Had a NSD today, yeay!

Boys went to holiday club and I cleaned at home, fun times!

I checked the cupboard and freezer though and was a bit surprised to realise I have enough to meal plan for 14 days, so that's my challenge, not going to buy any meals until the children are back to school, will just buy the extras like milk, bread, cereal, cheese, and fruit and veg.

Felling pretty body positivity still after the weekend, even put a selfie on Instagram I wouldn't have dared post last week. I'm embracing the YOLO mindset!

Friend coming over tomorrow so I'm hoping for another nsd.
  • Angela84
    Had a lovely day today with a friend coming over, almost made it a nsd again but fell down at a hurdle I often get caught by, having to drive about to pick up one of the children at around lunch/dinner time and agreeing to get everyone a drive through. Only spent £7 but still.
  • Angela84
    Am feeling super demotivated at the moment, am heading into star week and this always happens, feel like flat lemonade. Being a woman has its disadvantages!

Well I bought a bikini today in the Asda sale for £6, so I'll be getting back to running club and bootcamp once school restarts to feel confident enough to wear it. Was going to do a foodshop in Asda too but I just bought the absolute essentials and will wait for Aldi tomorrow as I know it'll be cheaper.

Children went to free holiday club again where they met spiders geckos tortoises and a crocodile! So lucky we have this scheme in our area. Packed a cheap picnic for their lunch break and sat outside on the grass before dropping them back off.

It's my sons 7th birthday Saturday so we're going to a local carnival with a picnic which should be much cheaper than a party.

I have £200 left on virgin and get paid Friday but think I might have to do £100 this week and then £100 next week, which is out of my target of clearing it by the end of August but oh well. If I can save in any other areas I'll be throwing every spare penny to that card.

Still trying to convince myself to get rid of the chickens. Ok now at a compromise to get rid of 3 and keep 3. Somehow that feels like less hassle, and 50% less poo which would be good!
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 9,988 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What a shame you aren't near me - I'm planning to buy 3 chickens! However I'm probably going for bantams as the coop is small.

Well done for being so close to paying off Virgin. All your hard work is paying off!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Angela84
    Aw no way, they are bantams! Frizzles too so they look all funny and scruffy and cute! Aw shame!
    I just need to spend some money on a nice coop so I don't feel the need to let them wander around my garden all day pooping, but I'm being tight and not wanting to spend money but that's just silly as what would I prefer, an extra week paying my debts off or a garden covered in chicken poo!
  • Angela84
    Oh god I'm sat here waivering over spending £360 on a plastic chicken coop! I've found second hand ones but they're not much cheaper (must hold their value!) and I want it to come with a guarantee really in case it breaks.
    But I'm pretty sure I'm being ridiculous. But then again they entertain the children for hours. And they'll start laying soon. But on the other hand I'm not actually supposed to have them here as it's rented as it says no pets, I don't want to get kicked out! On the other hand I could use it as One of my sons birthday presents, he's love to be out there putting it together with his dad on his birthday.
    I shall ponder this evening and make my choice in the morning
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback