Swoggi penny auction site or scam?

Comments

• I have not read through the whole thread, but my assessment is that it is a waste of money bidding if there is more than one bid robot running and you need to watch carefully all the single bidders. I was watching three bid robots chasing each other a few days ago, then suddenly one of them won. This means that the other two had both set exactly the same maximum! Coincidence perhaps - I am sure it wasn't an inside job!
  • Went on site decided to give it a go paid £15 paid by paypal
    The auction runs out of the allotted time you bid but then the time starts again, then runs down to about 19 seconds then you bid again and yet the timer keelps adding this auction goes on and on. I suspect this goes out till a designated amount has been raised, have noticed a lot of similar names that have won auctions are mentioned more than once I suspect these are drone bids ie no actual people if the bid doesn't go high enough I suspect these rogue bidders are successful and win , with no actual item won.
    I have put in calamity with paypal and was told claim has been rejected as the company was a certified company? So paypal is letting thus scam company make money, shame on paypal
    This is a scam site do not send money on this
  • Paypal stop swoggi using paypal to fund their scam company
  • I'm so glad I read this, I only found the site the other day. I've signed up but not spent any money on credits yet. Won't be buying any credits after reading this.
    I love a bargain. Now mortgage and debt free. hurray!!:smileyhea
  • It's not a scam, probably a gambling site, but how on earth do you think they fund it. The items bought for next to nothing are financed by all the people bidding. You may get a deal, but somebody else pays the price. You have to be extremely naive to think that there is something for nothing out there.
  • hi, yeah it's a scam don't use this site folks . they take money of you for the privilege to bid on items you will never win and you never get your money back. the only winner here IS SWOGGI. and no one can do anything about them. DON'T USE SWOGGI
  • One of these mad bid sites now has TV advertising late at night on one of the freeview channels. This really surprised me because of all the confused punters on here who believe it is misleading, and feel that they've lost their money through deceitful business practises.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • ww2.moneyexpert360.com/up-to-90-discount-on-an-ipad-imac-or-iphone/
    How come ?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,029
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    ww2.moneyexpert360.com/up-to-90-discount-on-an-ipad-imac-or-iphone/
    How come ?

How come what?

A scam site recommending another one....unless you think that moneyexpert360 is anything to do with money saving expert, but not sure why you would think that?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I got conned also out of £50 caught out by the sign up routine not realising that there is a pre selected option to take credit off your account when you log onto PayPal, who I believe should take some responsibility for this type of scan, they could easily provide a warning that money is about to be deducted from your account giving you a chance to be alerted to this and prevent payment.

PayPal have also closed my claim without any evidence or explanation of their investigation into this, no protection I'm afraid with PayPal.
    :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport