This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,802
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    How lovely of you to post SingleSue. And you've read the whole thread ...wow... how kind of you. Hope you found something in there that gave you a tip or two! I frequently think horses and MSE don't really go together :)

Alchemilla wrote: »
    So he is sound again ?
    Sorry daft question!

Not daft at all after the last 7 months. So yes, he would appear so. The front pedal bone rotations have been corrected, his farrier has re-shod using shoes that stablise the back of the heel, the back issue has seemingly been sorted by the last 6 months off work and the right hind limb lameness is very difficult to spot unless you are looking for it and whilst being ridden by the lovely professional rider I've found it didn't really show. She certainly hasn't spotted it. I've put him on a (very expensive) joint supplement and so far - desperately touching wood - so good :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Also touching wood.x
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Me too ... and its not *anti* mse to have a horse.... if you had saddles made of silk, and a bridle of linked diamonds, then yes, not very mse :):):) but mse is really about being efficient with money - not denial.

Looking forward to more tales of Handsome Baby :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Watty1
    Forumite
    Am utterly overwhelmed. A friend has done an oil painting of my dog for me. It is stunning. I didn't actually know he could paint.

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Wow Watty, that is such a lovely thing for your friend to do. How kind of them, I'm sure it will take pride of place in your home x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    That's lovely! As ATB says, I'm sure it will take pride of place :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    Wow, the doggy painting must have been a wonderful surprise.

Also, I'm pleased to hear of good progress on the equine front
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    What a mega present.
  • Watty1
    Forumite
    Thanks all :) The painting really is an amazing present. It will always have pride of place. I keep looking at it and smiling :)

£2 spent on some dahlias for the house. I love cut flowers and it seems an MSE way to get them to buy them from a local gardener who sells in a bucket by the gate. How times change. At the start of the diary I would think nothing of spending £10 on flowers in the supermarket - today I found myself thinking one bunch or two? I went for 2 but I actually thought about it first!

• Watty1
    Forumite
    Mr Watty went to local shop for a loaf of bread. £14.85 spent! Came home with smoked salmon, chorizo, somerset brie, local raspberries, some salad bits and the bread. Lunch he said proudly. Delicious but ... on board with the concept of FIRE but not the reality I think :rotfl:

Rained all day so have done company stock check and cleaned office. And read some blogs. Thinking hard as to future plans.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback