Susoended from work

Comments

• Jellytott
    Jellytott Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Guest101 wrote: »
    It depends what was said, but the OP obviously knows what they said, so im unsure why they're skirting around the issue.

All i saw was a portion of something on paper which looked like someone had removed parts of the chat and replaced others but i was not allowed to read it...fyi this person that did this is vile and a private convo with a group of people i did not expect to be pasted somewhere...my name is different anyway
  • xapprenticex
    xapprenticex Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    Seriously, just get rid of your facebook, stick to LinkedIn if you are career focused.

I've seen people get fired for being tagged into a post and not having actually said anything themselves.
  • Jellytott
    it is family only and close friends now but it is not even under the name they know me by or had work on it anyway!!
    This was quite a successful attempt by a vile person who wanted to hurt me...
  • Jellytott
    Gavin83 wrote: »
    What did you (roughly) say on your Facebook post?

You post something online it's considered public, even if your profile is set to private. Considering you haven't even been there for two years it's easy to get rid of you so I'd try and not aggravate them in any way and apologize for what you wrote. Of course, depending on what your answer to my first question is it may already be too late.
    i sent you what i roughly said, i also apologised that someone had to send them something that we should have been talking about and id tried , and i cant comment on what they have elaborated or lied on but it was a conversation which was in my other name no work mentioned the people do not know where i work...except one who is now no longer anyones friend i know!...big mistake but it was someone else who being vile made it public, if they had not been in the convo then no one would have ever known , until i had found the balls to tell them
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Was it about work?
  • Jellytott
    it was about what had happened at work which i had asked for opinions on what to do yes, but all truthful stuff not mentioning who , what etc
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Jellytott wrote: »
    I actually know if i had stood up and ranted all the !!!! in his face it would have been fine lol...the fact that i do not like to confront someone who is not listening , disrespectful of other workers in front of other workers and what i said if anyone is interested was a gross unfairness done to one staff member the week before he tired to fix by then doing the same to me....and if he did not learn in a day which he then forgot and did again it is a sad world...i cant post what they did for obvious reasons , yes i should have stood up and spat that lot out in his face , but i try and stay away from conflict after being a victim of domestic violence for 16 years......but good on the holiday thing thank you yes i am an adult and i made a mistake just like most people do every day in their lives the difference being most of us learn from it and i have no one else to rant to so i guess as they just rant openly about each other behind their backs , I have got used to this being normal, now i need to pull the big girl pants up and not let myself sink to that level again!

What does that even mean?
  • Jellytott
    That meant unfairness to the point a staff member was going to leave , they came back to nothing , so to fix that they gave them everything back , which in turn meant i had nothing , not even an email to use.... or a computer with the email i was using on.. so to fix one thing they broke another and that was okay in their mind...
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    That meant unfairness to the point a staff member was going to leave , they came back to nothing , so to fix that they gave them everything back , which in turn meant i had nothing , not even an email to use.... or a computer with the email i was using on.. so to fix one thing they broke another and that was okay in their mind...

A more constructive response would have been explaining to the boss that you cannot do your work without computer access, asking when you would be getting a new one and what you should do in the meantime.

Not telling your FB "friends".

If it does look like dismissal is on the cards then you should try to negotiate a neutral reference.
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite

That is ok. You don't get a say in it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport