Coffee & chocolate subscription boxes

Coffee and chocolate subscription boxes seem to be popping up everywhere. Has anyone tried these and are they worth the money?

Comments

• Cazza
    Cazza Posts: 1,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think it depends on what you want to spend your money on as to whether they're worth it or not! I got a coffee subscription for DH as a birthday present 18 months ago and he asked me to renew if when his birthday came round again, so we feel that is worth the money. I used https://www.hasbean.co.uk/
  • Great, thanks - I will check that out!
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hotel Chocolat products are delicious!....They are certainly not cheap - but you can usually get a deal - your first box comes really cheap, then you can immediately unsubscribe.

One good thing with Hotel Chocolat is that they offer different subscriptions - so you could have a box every month (if you had that sort of cash to spare!)...or as little as one box a quarter. .....and they also offer different types of chocolate subscription - all milk, extra dark, high alcohol, or a varied mix.

I have had an occasional box...and they DO spoil you for 'ordinary' chocolate!

(They also do an assortment of other cocoa items- tea, ketchup, jam, gin, vodka......all sorts!....available in their shop, including online shop - not in their boxes but available at a discount if you subscribe to boxes)
  • Ooh, didn't know they had a subscription service! I'll deffo look into that :D
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hotel Chocolat products are delicious!....They are certainly not cheap - but you can usually get a deal - your first box comes really cheap, then you can immediately unsubscribe.

One good thing with Hotel Chocolat is that they offer different subscriptions - so you could have a box every month (if you had that sort of cash to spare!)...or as little as one box a quarter. .....and they also offer different types of chocolate subscription - all milk, extra dark, high alcohol, or a varied mix.

I have had an occasional box...and they DO spoil you for 'ordinary' chocolate!

(They also do an assortment of other cocoa items- tea, ketchup, jam, gin, vodka......all sorts!....available in their shop, including online shop - not in their boxes but available at a discount if you subscribe to boxes)
    My son had some of their mini chocolate drops and gave them to us (a sure sign that they were horrid).

I tried one and it reminded me of trying dogs' , chocolate years ago. My husband wouldn't eat them either and that's a really bad sign.
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    teddysmum wrote: »
    My son had some of their mini chocolate drops and gave them to us (a sure sign that they were horrid).

I tried one and it reminded me of trying dogs' , chocolate years ago. My husband wouldn't eat them either and that's a really bad sign.

Each to their own taste...I really love them! Some of their milk chocolate is fairly high in cocoa solids - maybe that was what gave them the 'unusual' taste? (I have never tried doggy-chocs so can't compare them!)

Personally, having tasted HC chocs I find stuff like Cadburys to be far too insipid...but then I always liked dark chocolate...I like an intense cocoa hit.

You can save the pennies and buy cheaper chocolate!

(I have a sister who buys her choc from Lidls...she gets a lot more for her money!)
  • neilio
    neilio Posts: 286 Forumite
    I would also recommend the Hotel Chocolat Tasting Club. Best chocolate around, in my opinion.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    People who've been brought up on Cadburys, Nestle etc. chocolates have never tasted real chocolate until they try one which is high in cocoa solids. That's why such people may think quality chocolate tastes weird, as they've been eating pretend chocolate all their lives. :D.
  • neilio
    neilio Posts: 286 Forumite
    Cadbury's, Nestle, Mars... they are all rank! Not real chocolate at all.
  • oldhand
    oldhand Posts: 3,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Well thats a fair few diets gone out the window..🙄🙄🙄🙄
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business