They've Stopped my Incapacity Benefit!

Comments

• Oblivion
    Oblivion Posts: 20,248
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I do, I never added the !!!!! though, the swear filter did that, I called you a T W A T!

Ooh err missus! I've never been so insulted since I bumped into the phantom raspberry blower ... but then on second thoughts, there was that time when I woke up naked on a tube train ... oh and that occasion in the nunnery ... (continued on page 357)

Dave.

p.s. Don't you feel even slightly ridiculous at having been taken in by a classic TROLL?
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile
  • geek0
    geek0 Posts: 117 Forumite
    I think the issue here is not anyones opinion on if the OP deserves to claim, that can only be decided by medical professionals. I have just been through this process and lost my appeal.
    I understand exactly what you are saying about it happening with no warning and how it creates so much anxiety, my own doctor was aghast that this has happened and i am now sending in sick notes, basically starting the whole process from scratch.
    I felt exactly the same when i saw the checkboxes describing my condition, it was as if they were talking about someone else, they make very big assumptions from the questions they ask rather than being straightforward and honest about what they need to know.
    I have been horrified by the whole process and am now being turned back round to enter the system again, so what has their assuming acheived?
    I have talked to my doctor and councillor about attempting to work and have been advised against it by both, i have to agree with them as i dont understand how anyone with some of the problems i have could hold a job down but i felt forced to consider it.
    I would say please dont judge a persons illness there will always be dishonest people but there are many who genuinely need this help, the good thing about this for me is i feel i have never had any effective treatment until recently and the fight for that was spurred on by the events of the last few months. So i may be turning back round into the system but at least im getting good medical care now and im determined to fight for that so this wont be a long term situation.
    I wish you luck in your appeal and do get help with it, i didnt because i was just too ill to leave home and it failed but it seems theres a better success rate with the help.
    November Wins: 50p voucher Danone
    Freebies: 2 Books, Colour Catcher Sample, £10.00 Argos Voucher, Febreeze plugin
    Surveys Earnings: 5.65, 3.00, 1.00
    Dec £5/day challenge: £5/£155
    Dec GC: 0/£120
  • Oblivion
    Oblivion Posts: 20,248
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    No offence or owt.

None taken, none witnessed. But it was amusingly provocative ;)

Dave.
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile
  • gomer
    gomer Posts: 1,473
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You forgot to add 'How to make friends & influence people' LOL :rotfl:
  • Neillgb
    Neillgb Posts: 574 Forumite
    OK, this sums it up for me,

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3X_sJWwSL1M&NR=1

Perhaps he's a plumber too.......!!
  • ianian99
    ianian99 Posts: 3,095
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    thing is , the majority of ib blaggers are claiming they have depression and or a drink problem so people on ib for those things are high up the list for getting kicked off.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    This is absolutely horrible. Is it any wonder that people are scared away from asking for advice when this sort of abuse is allowed to happen?

beachbeth, please don't take offence by the above comments, you know more about your own condition than anybody else, especially idiots such as the above.

Abuse Team, this poster was brought to your attention two hours ago. If you do think that their posts are suitable for the Benefits board, could you explain why? Thank you.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • ianian99
    ianian99 Posts: 3,095
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    dmg24 wrote: »
    This is absolutely horrible. Is it any wonder that people are scared away from asking for advice when this sort of abuse is allowed to happen?

beachbeth, please don't take offence by the above comments, you know more about your own condition than anybody else, especially idiots such as the above.

Abuse Team, this poster was brought to your attention two hours ago. If you do think that their posts are suitable for the Benefits board, could you explain why? Thank you.

i do hope you aren't referring to me
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    ianian99 wrote: »
    i do hope you aren't referring to me

No, sorry, you posted whilst I was still typing! ;) x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Ignore the troll devilmaycare some people get amusement by provoking a argument

They have no idea the pain/suffering they may have gone through. If they are weak as this troll says, I say at least least they are not heartless unlike that troll
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure