IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice please on a SIP ticket.

Comments

• Perfo
    Perfo Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Done, and thanks for taking the time to respond. I won't spam or harass you, I promise :-)
    Jan 2011 install 4 KWp PV panels plus Schuco sunny boy inverter. June 2018 installed Zappi2 car charger. Sept 2021 installed near 20Kwp TRINASOLAR panels three SunSynk inverters and 20KWh SunSynk batteries. 
    March 2022 installed two Grant Aerona3 Air source heat pumps. 
    Nov 2022 installed Ohme EV car charger (2nd charger)  running
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    That'll make a pleasant change...

I will look later.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Perfo
    I have finally managed to beat my scanner in to shape and actually scan something...
    Here are the main documents GS are using in their defence....
    I'm interested in hearing what you all think of their WS. They are basically calling me a liar stating their machine wasn't out of order. I have photos proving it was/. Had they told me this earlier I could have produced witness statement, as there were two other people with me that would be only too happy to testify.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkVprrKFce7ag6gvQpGLjmhRcYpggw
    Jan 2011 install 4 KWp PV panels plus Schuco sunny boy inverter. June 2018 installed Zappi2 car charger. Sept 2021 installed near 20Kwp TRINASOLAR panels three SunSynk inverters and 20KWh SunSynk batteries. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Can't see the WS, only 4 documents.
  • Perfo
    The old technology letting me down... I'll try and sort that now...
    Court appearance is tomorrow...
  • Coupon-mad
    It would be good to see their WS before your hearing tomorrow, and to know what you are planning on attacking first.

Do you know how to, firstly, challenge the Right of Audience of their 'legal rep'?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/parkingeye-win-and-are-awarded.html

Read the .Prankster Notes' and take the case and Law Gazette article with you to try that first, if you feel confident about that side of things. It can stop the rep from being allowed to speak, then you can push on and ask for the claim to be struck out on the spot by virtue of the other side effectively 'not turning up'.
  • Perfo
    As it turned out I didn't have the WS with me yesterday and the day ended up being so hectic I didn't mange to get back on here so sorry for that.

However yes I knew about the Right of audience and made the claim the claimant hadn't even shown up (in effect) right at the outset..

A judgement was then made on my behalf that it didn't look like the Judge was going to throw it out on this technicality as she had a stern word with the legal rep about it then carried. I wanted to use the fact that I'm a reasonable person and acted in a reasonable manner on the day . So I took the line that as I'm reasonable I will agree to the rep making his case but however I was very disappointed that I will not be given the opportunity to cross examine the claimant as I believed there were big inaccuracies in his WS.
    I felt a little sorry for the solicitor trying to defend GS. He told me after that he doesn't work for them and was drafted in. It sounded to me he was sent a poison chalice and told to fight it at the last minute.

In summing up the judge commended me on the thorough, detailed and well constructed argument and documents and chastised GS for the exact opposite.
    The claim was struck and I got awarded just over £100 for my expenses.
    So all in all not a bad day.
    Thanks to all on here that gave me encouragement and advice.
    I take this as a win for the little fellow.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    \o/

Congrats. :D

Maybe compose a more-detailed summary for Parking Prankster to pick up and issue yet another "You've Been Gladstoned" blog? :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Perfo wrote: »
    As it turned out I didn't have the WS with me yesterday and the day ended up being so hectic I didn't mange to get back on here so sorry for that.

However yes I knew about the Right of audience and made the claim the claimant hadn't even shown up (in effect) right at the outset..

A judgement was then made on my behalf that it didn't look like the Judge was going to throw it out on this technicality as she had a stern word with the legal rep about it then carried. I wanted to use the fact that I'm a reasonable person and acted in a reasonable manner on the day . So I took the line that as I'm reasonable I will agree to the rep making his case but however I was very disappointed that I will not be given the opportunity to cross examine the claimant as I believed there were big inaccuracies in his WS.
    I felt a little sorry for the solicitor trying to defend GS. He told me after that he doesn't work for them and was drafted in. It sounded to me he was sent a poison chalice and told to fight it at the last minute.

In summing up the judge commended me on the thorough, detailed and well constructed argument and documents and chastised GS for the exact opposite.
    The claim was struck and I got awarded just over £100 for my expenses.
    So all in all not a bad day.
    Thanks to all on here that gave me encouragement and advice.
    I take this as a win for the little fellow.

Yay well done! Another forum win v Gladstones! :T

Which court and Judge?
  • Perfo
    Thanks for your congratulations.
    The county court of Llangefni on Anglesey and it was a lady judge whom was very thorough and gave us and our evidence a detailed examination. I'm sorry I forgot her name as I referred only to her as Mam.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport